PDA

View Full Version : Is my MEIR valid or not?

cessna310
19th Jun 2009, 15:36
Hi,

I am confused here.I am planning to do Type rating in August.My MEIR expired on 07/02/2009.Do i have to renew it to start Type rating?Please help.Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,
Cessna

TheBeak
19th Jun 2009, 15:47
Yes you do have to renew it before starting the TR. Beginning, middle and end of it.

BillieBob
19th Jun 2009, 23:05
Not quite the whole story. If this is to be your first MPA type rating then you do, if not then you don't

cessnagirl
23rd Jun 2009, 01:14
From one fellow cessna to another...

Check with YOUR civil aviation authority, the one that issued your CPL and mention the state you are doing your TR in. They are best able to advise you.

Generally if your MEIR expires before starting training for TR, you need to renew your MEIR in the aeroplane, even if it's your first TR. But you NEED to CLARIFY this and GET EVERYTHING from your relevant CAA IN WRITING.

Also.... and this is just my two cents worth. If may not be a bad idea to brush up on your IR skills as it may not be prudent to commence a TR with rusty IR skills.

Best of luck,

CG

Dr Eckener
23rd Jun 2009, 07:37
Crazy time to be doing a type rating, unless someone else is paying, and you have lots of hours, or you have a firm job offer. :ugh: