PDA

View Full Version : JAA Flight instructor hiring aircraft in perth

eph6
19th Jun 2009, 15:11
Just a quick one if anyone can help. I'm a Nzer over in W.A (Bunbury )and would like to hire an aircraft for an hour or two. I have a Jaa frozen Atpl MEIR, and FI certificate.
Can I, or are their hoops I have to jump through, medical, air law and stuff or can i just get checked out locally? thanks a lot for any help.

PlankBlender
19th Jun 2009, 20:43
You have a choice of a special pilot license or the certificate of validation. Check it out here:

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Converting foreign licences (http://casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD:536612640:pc=PC_90024#special)

Or you can try and find a JAA-registered machine here, no idea if there's any over in the west available for private hire..

:ok:

eph6
20th Jun 2009, 00:44
thanks plankblender, that answers my question. shame really... too much to expect to be able to rock up to a local club with my logbook and 2000 hours and enjoy the wonders of flying in a new country. the $200 admin fee makes it an expensive hour let alone the months of security check.:sad::sad:

RadioSaigon
20th Jun 2009, 01:25
I'm a Nzer over in W.A...

I assume you (still?) hold an NZ licence, so why not validate that document via the TTMRA?

eph6
20th Jun 2009, 15:15
thanks for the thought radio saigon but it's ten years since i left NZ and is well lapsed.

RadioSaigon
20th Jun 2009, 22:56
You might be able to revalidate the NZ document via JAA then do the AUS via TTMRA... but it's a lot of shagging around (and expense) if you're only going to do a few hours.