PDA

View Full Version : Jet A1 Prices FCCB / FTTJ in May 2009

Cecco
19th Jun 2009, 07:34
Hello, we paid via Fuel Releases for our Africa Trip and the JET A1 prices for Brazzaville (6USD/USG) and NŽdjamena (4.36474USD/USG) seem excorbitantly high (May 2009). The dispatch giving out the fuel releases simply says that the prices are made by the fuel suppliers. I am wondering if some fuel suppliers arbitrarily claim a higher fuel price than allowed? Anyone has experiences in that field?

Thanks for the input,
Cecco

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Jun 2009, 08:51
I am wondering if some fuel suppliers arbitrarily claim a higher fuel price than allowed?

Than allowed by who?

Cecco
19th Jun 2009, 11:41
Allowed than the official listed price for that month

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Jun 2009, 13:03
Official price? What's that and who lists it?

Cecco
19th Jun 2009, 13:37
I guess the local fuel suppliers

mainbearing
20th Jun 2009, 06:47
Welcome to africa!
Fuel prices change like the Roster and the ATIS. It pays to shop around and get some sort of commitment, all be it only an e mail, contact name and number etc. before leaving. Airports with a single supplier and no competition are the worst. Around $4.00 for central africa is about right.National carrier pays just close to $4.30/USG in Blantyre and Llongwe.Guess they saw you comming in Congo, par for the course I'm afraid, argue too much and you either get arrested or no fuel or both. What was that thread "you know you're in Africa when......."

big buddah
20th Jun 2009, 09:27
Cecco,
Think you're a bit naive.

"Allowed than the official listed price for that month"

WTF?

You're not in Europe now.
Believe there should be two suppliers in N'djamena now??

Cecco
20th Jun 2009, 13:56
Africa is not Europe, no ****! Thanks for sharing your wisdom with me, big buddah...to put it a better way: the fuel prices there seemed out of the ordinary. @mainbearing: you got a point there but getting some sort of commitment before leaving is difficult when telephone, e-mail and fax don't work most of the time.

Solid Rust Twotter
20th Jun 2009, 18:32
We were getting there eventually Buddah and Main bearing...:}

Cecco was just beginning to see the light re unregulated pricing and one came close to ending with "The defence rests, yer Honour" but figured that would have been superfluous.;)