PDA

View Full Version : "shrink-wrapping" of luggage at MIA

GreenEyedTraveler
19th Jun 2009, 06:31
I raised this subject in another thread.

The last time I flew internationally thru MIA was to Caracas. It was my first experience flying to South America. I won't re-create my original post on the matter, but suffice it to say I got burned by not shrink-wrapping my luggage (a practice that I have never seen employed in any other part of the world that I have traveled to - let alone from a U.S. airport).

My question now is, given the restrictions imposed by 9/11, are they still hawking the practice of "shrink-wrapping" luggage at MIA? I wouldn't think they could, because checked baggage today must be totally accessible, however I am curious (given my experience with S. American carriers...)...

Thank you in advance for your non-attacking responses.

C-N
16th Jul 2009, 09:05
what does MIA stand for? is it the IATA code of KMIA (Miami Int'l) or the acronym of Male Int'l. haven't heard of this shrink wrapping thing

TightSlot
16th Jul 2009, 09:17
It is Miami - try THIS (http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=Airport+Codes)

man friday
16th Jul 2009, 11:36
Nice link Tight Slot!

As for the shrink-wrapping, its alive and well at Spanish airports too. Several machines doling out miles of clingfilm a day in the check in areas.......Not sure what that says about the honesty of the baggage handlers!

Rainboe
16th Jul 2009, 14:01
Italy too. And Southern Asia. Africa too.