PDA

View Full Version : Vista won't recognise iPod (any more)

Squawk7777
18th Jun 2009, 09:19
Hello!

A few days ago I connected my ipod to my computer, and ... nothing (except that the ipod was being charged). No bl00dy iTunes launched, and under Explorer no new device was shown. Disconnected, rebooted, even changed cables a few times - all to no avail.

Any thoughts :uhoh: (besides throwing away the ipod or Vista :E ) ?

7 7 7 7

timmyneedham
18th Jun 2009, 09:43
sometimes hard resetting the ipod helps.

depending on model hold down on off/switch and play/home button together until screen goes off. then plug ipod into mains and switch it on.

this should clear any bugs from ipod.

as to vista, God knows.

hope this helps

tn

gas path
18th Jun 2009, 10:08
Not a USB fault is it? Maybe try connecting another USB device to make sure that is recognized.

Standard Noise
18th Jun 2009, 11:12
I've not experienced any iPod/Vista problems yet and that's with both a 2nd generation Nano and a 3rd(?) generation Classic.
Wifey had a problem with a Touch on XP, but we uninstalled iTunes and then reloaded it, works a treat now.

Keygrip
18th Jun 2009, 12:26
7777 - I had similar with a PDA.

My computer case has four USB's on the front panel. Every time I plugged it in to a different one from last time, it reloaded the drivers - and eventually they all got confused.

Neatest way out was to delete all references and drivers to the PDA from "System" etc - plug it into one USB and just use that one. Not had a problem since.