PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Wings: New Pacific Airline?

Dunnza
17th Jun 2009, 02:43
Anyone heard much more?

www.pacificwings.com.au (http://www.pacificwings.com.au)

http://www.iasc.gov.au/applications/files/4413.pdf

Apparently looking to serve PMR?

Cargo744
17th Jun 2009, 04:45
Another fly bye nighter... also the ACN is wrong on their website

ZK-NSN
17th Jun 2009, 05:02
Last time one of these new operators announced its start up, it turned out to be some kid from my old High School playing a prank. Got to love the internet.

tourismman
17th Jun 2009, 05:42
Pacific Wings will wet lease a Our Airline 733 to operate BNE-NOU once a week and flights to PMR from i assume both SYD,BNE thus also helping out, Our Airline,find work for their aircraft which currently has plenty of slack in their schedules.

Cheers Tourismman.

DeltaT
17th Jun 2009, 07:25
Here is hoping the punters book with the right airline and not 'Pacific Wings Airlines' operating out of Hawaii !

Peter Brady
17th Jun 2009, 10:00
Me thinks this is just Air Nauru (Our Airline) by any other name. Maybe a need to have domestic Aust and access to Ozzie route, which would not be available to ON in its own right??????????

mainwheel
17th Jun 2009, 13:53
Whats the chances of a yellow card on first arriveairent. $$$$. :hmm:

blackbandit
18th Jun 2009, 05:26
Now this is going to be fun!!

Sydney Noumea, typically, is perfect for an OA 733. I mean who would want to fly with QF in a 738 or Air Cal in the 320, when you can have a 300. I mean OA has proven its reliability. Out of the Air for days only a few weeks ago?

As I said, I'm salivating, I can't wait, please God let it happen!!!!! Pre October for demise of OA!!

Sal-e
30th Jul 2009, 14:24
Well it looks likes Pacific Wings is about to take off.

tail wheel
30th Jul 2009, 16:51
Cargo744 - looks like their web site ACN/ABN is correct?

Name PACIFIC WINGS PTY LTD
ACN 136 119 947
ABN 11 136 119 947
Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 25/03/2009
Next Review Date 25/03/2010
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Balwyn VIC 3103
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Anti Skid On
19th Aug 2009, 04:07
It has in the local paper here (the Daily Post) that Pacific Wings are applying to do BNE - ROT as part of package holiday deals; not sure if they are looking at this as a charter op rather than proper scheduled.

However, the local airport management do not seem over enthused and are sticking to their guns that the SYD - ROT twice weekly by Air NZ in an A320 will be their launch flights once the runway extension is finished.

apacau
19th Aug 2009, 05:32
The PW website has had a range of material on new services to NZ and New Caledonia removed recently - suspect some plans have been put on ice?

Anti Skid On
20th Aug 2009, 11:07
Rotorua rejects Brisbane flights - Local News - Rotorua Daily Post (http://www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/local/news/rotorua-rejects-brisbane-flights/3903039/)

A new Australian airline says it is considering launching flights between Rotorua and Brisbane or Sydney.

But Rotorua Regional Airport chief executive George White says the airport has no plans to use the start-up airline, Pacific Wings. Mr White said the airport's "complete focus" was getting Air New Zealand's transtasman flights between Rotorua and Sydney up and running by December 12.

Pacific Wings director Geoffrey Bowmaker told The Daily Post Rotorua Airport was one airport in New Zealand the airline was considering operating from.

He said he had been in discussions with Mr White for between six and eight months.

"We are still doing our planning and discussions about it ... Our plan was to link Rotorua with Sydney and Brisbane."

Pacific Wings, which has operated since May, has advertised on its website a $799 Rotorua Escape package including five nights' accommodation.

However, Mr Bowmaker said the website was not active and was still being developed.

The carrier would use a leased B737 aircraft from Our Airline, formerly Air Nauru, on routes in New Zealand. Australian-based Our Airline has two B737 aircraft which operate daily flights from Brisbane and Sydney to Honiara, Nauru and Norfolk Island.

Mr Bowmaker said the airline would launch on routes in New Zealand abandoned by Air NZ or airports where there had never been a transtasman route.

He said the fact Air NZ had launched transtasman flights between Rotorua and Sydney would influence Pacific Wings' decision but that did not necessarily mean the airline would not fly from Rotorua. Pacific Wings is expected to make its decision within the next month as to what routes it will fly.

But Mr White said that at this stage the airport did not have any plans for the airline to fly from Rotorua.

Other questions were put to Mr White including why Pacific Wings would not be used to fly to Brisbane, whether any other airline would be used to fly to other parts of Australia and whether Air NZ had exclusive rights to transtasman flights between Rotorua and Australia.

Mr White responded by saying: "As you can imagine, at the moment we are completely focused on getting transtasman flights with Air NZ up and running for December 12 - that is our priority at this time. Airlines make their own decisions about where they may fly. Certainly, at this current time, we do not have any plans for them to fly here."

Air NZ communications manager Mark Street said he would not be able to comment on whether the airline had exclusive rights to fly transtasman from Rotorua Airport, citing commercial sensitivity. He said Brisbane was the "next obvious market" but introducing those flights would depend on the success of the Rotorua-Sydney route.

Anyone know who Geoffrey Bowmaker is?

zanzibar
21st Aug 2009, 08:41
Anyone know who Geoffrey Bowmaker is?

Yes.

Why do you ask?

Amelia_Flashtart
21st Aug 2009, 09:26
Geoffrey Bowmaker is CEO of Our Airline - well he was just a month or so ago so I assume he still is

zanzibar
22nd Aug 2009, 00:28
sorry, AF, quite wrong.

Amelia_Flashtart
22nd Aug 2009, 02:32
Now I am curious Zanzibar - what is he now?

I know he was CEO of Air Nauru and Our Airline at least until relatively recently.

Arthur Boy
22nd Aug 2009, 03:29
Geoffrey was CEO of ON for some years, and decided to move on (mutually agreed, I think.....could be corrected here??).

Karam Chand, ex Pac/Poly Blue Commercial boss was appointed CEO of ON mid April this year.

feenix
22nd Aug 2009, 05:38
There has been 2 CEO's since GB so you are all a bit out on your time lines

zanzibar
22nd Aug 2009, 05:54
AF - it's all in the first post.

Anti Skid On
27th Aug 2009, 11:44
I asked who he is because the news report stated he had been in dialogue with Rotorua Airport's CEO.

In today's local rag apparently the push for the ROT - SYD route with Air NZ came from a local hotellier.

There was also a suggestion that Jetstar are considering Brisbane or Coolongata from Rotorua (which may get better outbound loads from NZ, whereas the SYD route may have better inbound)

Chocks Away
27th Aug 2009, 12:01
Population fellas, population... you have only 4-large in the whole country... 10-large cattle and 40-large in sheep... so unless the sheep are going to fly, the market aint there... out of these regional ports Internationally, sorry!:}:}:ok:

Anti Skid On
27th Aug 2009, 12:17
True, but consider this; Rotorua has something like 1.2 million hotel bookings per annum, 40% of which are Aussie visitors. It is 2.5 hours by road from ski resorts with a 4-5 month season. Every week there are at least two international conferences, usually with Aussie delegates.

Going the other way, how many Kiwi's (esp. young Maori) are living in the greater Sydney area?

ROT has a population of nearly 1 million within 150km radius - so a sizable catchment, also saves the trek to AKL and the subsequent parking charges there; added to this is the schedules are surprisingly pleasant (especially compared to the old Freedom Air times from Hamilton)

The other thing is that ZQN (Queenstown) has increased frequencies on its international flights, so Rotorua may work - especially as it is x 2 per week at the start.

XPT
5th Oct 2009, 06:24
Hasn't been much news of these guys recently ?

Does anyone know what's happened to them ?

They had talked of flying to abandoned TT routes so presume that means old Freedom Air routes like NTL/AKL.

Also mention of new (never flown) TT routes.

What could that mean ?

cavemanzk
5th Oct 2009, 08:48
I can wait to see how long they last against NZ, they pretty much eat the weak for breakie.

They seem to have gone very quiet, I do think they where about to launch SYD-ROT. Before NZ decided to give ROT its 12month trail.

XPT
9th Oct 2009, 00:23
they sounded they had the right plan.

Heard Our Airline got deals from hell from their Taiwanese friends on their 2 x733's.

BNE/NOU current service sucks with only 3 nonstops per week with 2 of those arriving late evening 2330-2355 & other at 1730.

People going to NOU want a morning departure from BNE.

SB has similar problem to FJ (FJ ex BNE to NAN all arrive at ~1700, where DJ arrive earlier; FJ NAN/BNE 0815, whereas DJ 1535), altho did notice FJ are now ovrnighting a 737 at SYD in JAN (only 3, 10 & 17 JAN at this stage) so can get an earlier departure out of SYD.

Also talk of flying abandoned & new routes to New Zealand.

NTL/AKL was abandoned by Freedom & PMR has also lost service, plus still some room on south island for more services, where NZ, QF, DJ can't see the obvious.

tourismman
9th Oct 2009, 07:48
What i have heard is that the French are doing a Virgin on Pacific Wings.

Otherwords the French travel agents are playing hard ball !!!

Protection for Aircalin is a precedent.

XPT
11th Oct 2009, 08:55
yes but no one wants to fly BNE/NOU arriving at 1730 or 2359 !!!

NOU needs a morning departure from BNE !!!

Eastwest Loco
11th Oct 2009, 10:28
Interesting.

Assuming Pacific Wings' carrier code is LW, I have been allocated their plate and have had it for over 12 months.

I wasn't sought, but appeared amongst the 70 odd plates we carry.

Theoretically I could issue E tickets of their scheduled services tommorow if they were system loaded.

They must have a plan in mind, and maybe the plate has appeared in many Agent's TJRs withouit them even knowing.

Please tell us more!

best all

EWL

ebt
12th Oct 2009, 02:02
FWIW, I heard that they're waiting on OA to sort out the security and operating clearances with the different authorities to make the services happen, and apparently it's taking some time particularly with the French authorities.

NOU particularly needs the competition. Looked at going there a while back but the average punter fares are a bit rich when you can make it out to Samoa, Vanuatu or Fiji much cheaper on Pac Bro.

feenix
16th Oct 2009, 04:17
Something must be happening as I heard OA are looking to hire some more first officers maybe that's for Pac Wings work

witwiw
16th Oct 2009, 08:46
Now, now Feenix, did Black Bandit give you permission to say that?

Can't see the point in hiring if the airline has only 2 weeks left before extinction - must be true 'cos BB has said so! After all, he is an oracle and a sage and has made a PREDICTION. Pity the signs aren't there to support his nonsense.

feenix
18th Oct 2009, 03:25
WITWIW-Don't know about BB but we must thank him for his timely warnings as it appears October is here and so is OA. He must have enabled us to change the future and prevent his gloom predictions by heeding his warnings about those within. Anyhow I heard a couple more F/O's very soon so any one interested needs to update or submit their CV

Obie
18th Oct 2009, 08:00
Air Nauru has been around for a long, long, time!

And will continue to be around for a long, long time!!

MyNameIsIs
19th Oct 2009, 00:32
Any idea on the minimums???

Dunnza
19th Oct 2009, 05:33
Right Pacific Wings, are they operational yet? Bringing it back on topic

blackbandit
19th Oct 2009, 06:02
Who do I send my resume to?

Obie
19th Oct 2009, 07:14
Don't waste your time bb.
You wont get a look in.
You're under qualified, mate! :ok:

BPB737
19th Oct 2009, 07:16
Well , Well , Well, the oxygen thief known as BLACK BANDIT re appears, well big mouth I am still waiting for your Bu#####t PREDICTION !!!!!!!!!!!
we are now at the 19/10/2009 and still waiting, put up or shut up.
Go away and dont bother going on prune!!!!!!!! YOU CONTRIBUTE NOTHING THAT IS OF ANY INTERESTTO ANYONE.

feenix
21st Oct 2009, 03:47
Anyone can send a resume to me by PM and I will see it gets to where it needs. I would love BB to send one as we could all do with a laugh !!!!

feenix
21st Oct 2009, 03:55
You need a couple of thousand hours with at least 500 turbine

witwiw
21st Oct 2009, 07:37
BB, what a clown!! He predicts doom and gloom for OA but then wants to submit a resume. He might think it's a joke on his behalf, but what a warped sense of humour if that's the case.

Trouble is that BB hasn't realised it's the Republic of Nauru (ie RON), and they've done their SUMS - repeat SUMS - so I think, despite BB's ideas of what the future is for OA, they'll be around for a while to come and may even have a surprise or two yet in store.

BB, enjoy the taste of humble pie mixed with the egg on your face come October end.

zanzibar
22nd Oct 2009, 21:46
You need a couple of thousand hours with at least 500 turbine

and maybe a spare circa $25k for the 73 endo .................

frigatebird
22nd Oct 2009, 22:07
witwiw
Tell me more about the CAPITALS :} (second paragraph S squared :confused:)

zanzibar
29th Oct 2009, 09:54
So, did anyone apply - and, more importantly, did anyone get a response?

Seems to have gone VERY quiet ..................

feenix
29th Oct 2009, 22:48
Yes and not yet

witwiw
1st Nov 2009, 10:03
Just a reminder, Blackbandit, in case you hadn't noticed: October finished yesterday and it seems none, not a single solitary one, of your predictions transpired - can't say I'm the least bit surprised as those predictions were of your usual posting standard, and that was consistently a load of cr&p. You are discredited, we all knew that, but it ultimately took your own ramblings to confirm it.

Now, maybe, you'll just fade away and let ON/OA alone. They are obviously going to be around for some time yet and I'm sure many hopefully anticipate that you won't. So, don't make a BOOB, IT'S best if we don't hear from you again.

down3gr33ns
3rd Nov 2009, 07:01
WITWIW, I didn't think you were so naive. If you think BB is going to admit he was SO wrong then you really are dreaming. For BB to do that would require "testicular integrity", which he hasn't.