PDA

View Full Version : Blue Chip Aviation in south africa

richie-rich
16th Jun 2009, 10:07
hey guys
hope everyone is in good spirits despite economic meltdown.

planning to finish off my CPL in the near future. I hold PPL with mid 100 hours TT.

Anyone heard of the school/have got experience etc with Bluechip aviation in south africa?

what other schools would someone recommend as a good place for cheap quality training (been working to pay for flying so money matters to me :ugh:

i looked at 43, SAFTA etc but they are asking for $$$$.

I would be glad if someone can tell me their side of the story. hows Flight Training College George, Rand flying school?

Thanks heaps guys.

Richie

safta
17th Jun 2009, 08:45
SAFTA is reducing prices significantly from 1 July 2009. We have realised that the training market is depressed and that even though we offer greater value than most flight schools in SA, we need to compete with the "cheapies" to ensure that we obtain the student volumes required to support our operation.

We have our own maintenance operation, FNPT II simulation, fleet of Cessna 152, Cessna 172 and Piper Seneca trainers, full-time Chief Flight Instructors, a full-time Chief Ground Instructor, a large complement of full-time instructors, our own 150 room student hostel with three meals per day catered for by Fedics, the leading catering company in Africa. We also have a secure and safe living and study environment at our new campus in Heidelberg, where most training takes place. Add our excellent weather to the above and you have a winning formula.

Lastly, not only did SA Express award us their recent cadet training contract, but we have just been awarded the BA Comair cadet training contract.

That is two out of two for a flight school that is only two years old. This alone should speak volumes for the quality of our facilities and our flight training.

Now that our prices will be on par with the "cheap" schools, why would anyone go anywhere else?