PDA

View Full Version : We Need More Parking (Doha)

Capt Krunch
15th Jun 2009, 13:38
Well, sounds like QA has just ordered more and more aircraft.. 1.8 billion dollars worth of 20 - A320's and 4 - A321's.

and it's only the first day of the Paris airshow.. what do you think will happen next ?? :}

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

skya320
15th Jun 2009, 14:54
No place to park and no pilot to fly :} :}

Emma Gemma
15th Jun 2009, 18:10
Even when I was there some crew seemed worried about QR expanding and not having enough parking spaces. I think there were only 18 places when I worked there.

"We do sincerely apologise for this delay but we are waiting for a parking space" :D

QatarA340
23rd Jun 2009, 01:57
They are expanding the apron space in the western side of the airport.

cabinsecured
23rd Jun 2009, 07:04
talking about this ...any news on the aircraft incident in doha due parking bay construction?

QatarA340
23rd Jun 2009, 12:54
^^ What happened? What aircraft and where exactly?

loc22550
23rd Jun 2009, 18:53
More parking..more parking ...only!We need taxi ways and new runway!
All those a/C that will be parked on the new east apron need to cross the only active runway to join D taxi way to holding point 34.
No very efficient to ease the increasing traffic flow here expecially during rush hours!!!(take off§ landing).

panadol qr
23rd Jun 2009, 18:59
We need new person to run the airline not a new parking .

oryxbollocks
24th Jun 2009, 04:32
QR340,

Change of runway to 16. 340 uses Delta, as cleared(!), observes the construction site near Bravo and moves left but not far enough. #3 pod scrapes an obstruction(?) in the work site and is destroyed.

So far as I know, the 2 captains (no FO on board) are suspended pending a decision on their fate.

Mistakes happen but that doesn't seem to matter here!

GB

cabinsecured
24th Jun 2009, 11:42
no 3 destroyed?...any idea why the 340 was cleared there !!!!!!.
2 pilots suspended ?? any news on them.
prayers and good wishes to them...with the amount of construction in DIA, accidents are there waiting to happen....

shampoo_9
24th Jun 2009, 14:31
what about car parking ?

shneidertrophy
24th Jun 2009, 14:51
My thoughts exactly!

Especially now that Engineering has taken over by force the left side of the parking lot!

Message to QR Powers: Guess why EK has a pickup service for the pilots?

A privilege?

Don't think so, its a necessity with over 1200 pilots!

How much longer will you be able to squeeze all of us into a parking lot (all of them combined) that is 2 times too small?

Pick us up, just like EK, and your whole problem is solved! Especially since most pilots live together in the Favella anyway!

And believe it or not, if you use the miserable transp allowance you give us and allocate this towards a transportation wing, you will save money as well! Studies where done years ago....

And do not think the new airport will solve this problem. There is almost NO PARKING planned for operating crews! Only office staff once more. Guess we will all have to pay our parking ticket over there!

loc22550
24th Jun 2009, 15:00
Car parking..?we have a nice one behind Hardess..
the only problem when you come back from your flight,when asking if there are any crew bus to parking, they might answer you by a ´NO´...( 5 stars planning)
so two options to you:
-first one:take your stuff and cross the airport road: good luck,when it´s 45 degrees, and just pray god that you will not be smash by an idiot driver.(still waiting for the traffic light promised by Mr AAB long time ago..5 years at least...accident already happens in the past..but who really cares..?)
- second option: take a sun bath on the dispatch´s parking waiting for a crew bus,while enjoying the glamorous summer weather here.

Shneider: Why EK has crew transport: because EK i think is a little bit more organised compared to QR!!