PDA

View Full Version : Employment with Middle Eastern Airlines

KSharp
14th Jun 2009, 08:38
Hi all. Quick question. I've been keeping tabs on many carriers out in the ME regarding hiring. Seems many of the airlines don't require a lot of total time to sit in the right seat, however they ask for jet time or time on type.

I'm from Canada with a Beech 1900 rating and about 2000 hours total (unfortunately no PIC time yet other than the standard 120 u get from flight school and no ATPL).

Is there any airline out there (other than Falcon Express) that will accept this experience to qualify for the right seat on a jet?

This is more of a curiosity question. I'm not planning on moving out of my current job as I'm close to an upgrade. But should things not work out, I'd just like to keep my options open.

Thanks!

mutt
14th Jun 2009, 10:07
Look at the Saudia thread, their basic requirement for the corporate fleet is 1500 hrs. But it would truthfully make more sense to get your command before you come to the ME.......

Mutt

lpokijuhyt
14th Jun 2009, 10:09
To answer your question......no, probably not.

The DEFO is a thing of the past. If an airline is hiring and that is a very big "if", there are two ways in.

1. Cadet. Extremely low time pilot with no experience. Airlines love the "cadet" scheme because it provides a very good ROI for their books. The cadet will pay for all training, uniforms, line checks, etc. (see Ryanair threads).

2. DE Capt. If you have the Type and a few thousand hours in Type then the company may want to talk with you. If you go this route, you essentially leap-frog all the other pilots waiting for their upgrade. This is a great way to make new friends at the airline.

Obbie
14th Jun 2009, 14:58
Maybe you should be more concerned about if Jazz will hire you.

blueline_climb
14th Jun 2009, 18:46
I don't think he'll have a problem getting on with Jazz with B1900 experience. Jazz eats those guys up.

But if he's considering airlines in the middle east I'm sure its got something to do with $$ (Something Jazz doesn't really offer).

strapped2aprop
30th Jun 2009, 18:14
the basic notion is still turboprop pilots bottom of the god damn food chain without excess command it is still nothing, try to get heavy turbo prop command time if you can then right seat jet before going ME makes it alot easier - trust me :ok: