PDA

View Full Version : FAA Multi Instrument

Angelos
14th Jun 2009, 08:01
Can someone tell me the requirements for an FAA multi engine IR
I have the FAA IR for single engine and I just did my multi rating

SkyM
14th Jun 2009, 08:56
i did it few years ago as an add on to my commercial single but you can always check the far to be sure, anyways from what i remember there s a minimun of hrs to be done in a multi engine with retractable gear and controllable pitch props (10 hrs.) u don t have to worry too much if u already have ur comm single u pretty much have all the requirements including the xcountry even the long one. Remember that if u didn t fly a twin aircraft in the preceding 60 days u ll have to do 3hrs before the exams.
get proficient in manuevers like engine failure before and during TO, Vmc demo, stalls power on-off slow flights emergency descent steep turns and ils without an engine, don t think the examiner will make you do manuevers such as lazy eights or turns around a point or stuff like that but u never know, review twin engine aerodynamics, VMC factors such as accellerated slipstream, spiral slipstream, how CG weight flaps density alt l gear ecx affects the aerodynamics, accelerated stop, accellerate go around, critical engine and really important,airplane systems such as the landing gear and so on.
You need 2 endorsement from your instructor, my examiner didn t want to do my exam bacause my instructor just signed 1 endorsement and he was supposed to do 2, at the end i managed to do my exam somehow but remember the endorsements is not just one are 2 to be filled out by ur instructor :ok:

cypilot77
15th Jun 2009, 21:03
Yia sou Angele,
Most probably you have an FAA PPL/IR.
In addition to what SkyM said above, you will need to do at least 2 instrument approaches (one of them has to be with one engine inoperative) if you want to add the instrument rating on the multi-engine. If you choose not to do it, then the multi-engine rating will be limited to VFR flight only. So its worth to do the approaches anyway. If you have any questions PM.