PDA

View Full Version : My kind of price. MS Morro(w) Free.

Loose rivets
14th Jun 2009, 06:19
Is this good for the industry?

Well, I'll put the w back on, since the Latest Headlines doesn't agree with the G**gle search.

LOL ! There are more than a few MS Morrow out there and of course Ms Morrow

Some of them have web sites. Worth a bob or two, methinks. Well, if the w is correct.

BBC NEWS | Technology | Microsoft to give away anti-virus (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8095932.stm)

green granite
14th Jun 2009, 06:37
I don't trust their firewall, I run Windows defender since it's free, but I wouldn't trust it totally, and I wouldn't use Their anti-viral program because I wouldn't trust it 100%

John Marsh
15th Jun 2009, 21:18
Is there an anti-malware product which is 100% trustworthy? I've always used extra, stand-alone scanners and browser fortifiers, even with Kaspersky as the resident protection.

green granite
15th Jun 2009, 21:38
Is there an anti-malware product which is 100% trustworthy? I've always used extra, stand-alone scanners and browser fortifiers, even with Kaspersky as the resident protection.

I agree, that's one reason I run defender as well as Avast. (among other things)

My mistrust comes from the MS fire wall that, even though I told it not too, still allowed a program to go on line. In the end I had to delete it from the list to stop it.

Roll on zone alarm for W7