PDA

View Full Version : ALAEA Leadership Change

Unphased
14th Jun 2009, 03:20
Well hopefully not!!!

Then again, the following Qantas press release looks like a changing of the guard at ALAEA is what Qantas is attempting to engineer.Qantas today strongly refuted claims made by the Federal Secretary of an aviation engineering union regarding maintenance of the aircraft involved in today’s Jetstar inflight incident and diversion to Guam.

Group Executive Qantas Airlines Operations, Mr Lyell Strambi, said the Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association’s (ALAEA) Steve Purvinas was well known for making inflammatory statements and not letting the facts get in the way of his story.

“The A330-200 aircraft involved in this incident was delivered new by Airbus in 2007,” Mr Strambi said. “It has since undergone a number of routine maintenance checks – most recently by Qantas Engineering in Melbourne in May this year, while its one and only heavy maintenance check was done by Lufthansa Technik in Manila in December 2008.

“We don’t resile from this in any way and Mr Purvinas is deliberately twisting words in suggesting Jetstar has tried to link the issue to Qantas engineers in Australia.”

Mr Strambi said the union also knew that: - where Qantas Engineering does not have the capacity to do work in Australia, it is done by reputable overseas providers. They are certified by CASA and Qantas and their work is overseen by on-site Qantas engineers; and- Qantas recently announced that Qantas Group A330 heavy maintenance would be undertaken in Brisbane from 2010.“Qantas always has high levels of oversight in place, so where maintenance takes place is not relevant,” Mr Strambi said.

“Had Mr Purvinas checked his facts and been able to think outside his narrow industrial agenda, as any good engineer would, he would know that the electrical connector that caused the Jetstar incident was not part of the work undertaken in Manila last year. “There has been no requirement to touch this component since the aircraft was delivered, there is no history of it being an issue with our A330 fleet and there have been no directives from Airbus covering this component.

“And had he checked, he would know that the B747 issue referred to was fully and independently investigated by the ATSB. The issue was known to Boeing, which was developing a modification to address it and the ATSB could not link the issue with any previous heavy maintenance work. “Qantas is committed to the highest operational and safety standards, and the ALAEA is slandering the hard work of its members when it makes baseless and ill-informed claims regarding our engineering operations.”

Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication

Unfortunately the tatic is all too familar. The innocent and disinterested will be lead to believe that Qantas and ALAEA could be friends, if only it wasn’t for Purvinas and Mates.

If we take the bate, and ALAEA’s Leadership does change at the next elections, - B787 Maintenance will certainly go offshore for sure.

Time to decide if you are a cat or a mouse.

UPPERLOBE
15th Jun 2009, 21:56
NeedABiggerHammer, what's up mate?

Is your bonus shrinking?

Go peddle your crap to the media because everyone here can see right through you.

qf 1
15th Jun 2009, 22:28
lets look at how good the last Exec was before this one,
-had all of Sydney HM shut down line1 1,2 and 3
-work outsourced to all 4 corners of the globe
-training just about completely evaporated
-12% pay rise over 6 yrs(2% per year for you management types)

division1
16th Jun 2009, 00:32
Ah, Mr biggerhammer, the virgin blue company tool.
Still bitter about your stouch with the previous exec over your lame-less ramps.

Delete all the current QF stone age practices, turn your maintenance into a cost effective,
worlds best practise facility and win back your right to carry our your own maintenance...

Like the way you maintain your 777 fleet perhaps...

Under the long-term contract, SIAEC will provide V Australia with a wide range of FMP services,
including transit and flight maintenance checks, defect rectification, cabin maintenance, spares support,
component repair and overhaul, and logistics management in Brisbane, Sydney and Los Angeles.

Ngineer
16th Jun 2009, 04:35
There are other maintenance providrs out ther who can provide the same if not better service at a fraction of the cost...

Sounds very familiar. Company stooge perhaps?

I have lost count of how many managers have come through our section on roadshows, etc, saying the same thing. Usually they have no experience whatsover on aircraft maint or ever worked in heavy maint. They are just trying to justify cost cutting.

Any engineer that worked in Sydney heavy, especially when we did some customer contracts on Potomac and yank aircraft, will tell you that our aircraft were top notch. They rightfully can boast this through experience, not perception. Our experience, workpractices and LAME numbers played a big part in this. Other maint providers out there, that you boast about, sometimes have 1 LAME running between 3 different aircraft in the same hangar.

So our immaculate safety record when Sydney heavy existed was coincidental, was it? I think not.

BrissySparkyCoit
16th Jun 2009, 05:21
NeedABiggerHammer wrote (amongsed other things)....
Delete all the current QF stone age practices, turn your maintenance into a cost effective, worlds best practise facility and win back your right to carry our your own maintenance...

Um, whats holding us back, Murray? or is it David?

600ft-lb
16th Jun 2009, 08:41
Ditch the ALAEA, negoiciate with your ManagersNegotiate with our managers.. I can see a consensus on this, especially with their past track record on keeping promises.

Cut your costs, cut your bickering and focus on retaining the right to call QF Maintenance the "worlds best" not the "worlds most expensive because we are QANTAS ENGINEERS"They have been cut. Flexibilities have been voted in for the A380 maintenance crews and in the Brisbane hangar. These flexibilities were apparently essential to keeping costs in line with where QF management were happy with. I doubt we are the worlds most expensive, our dollar floats too much.

Delete all the current QF stone age practices, turn your maintenance into a cost effective, worlds best practise facility and win back your right to carry our your own maintenance...The stone age practices are in effect because Qantas is still flying quite a few stone age aircraft. If the aircraft is certified in a regulatory system that requires it to have a transit check done and signed for by a LAME, why is it the LAME's fault that he is required ?

Cut through all the b******T that the ALAEA feeds to the uneducated and hungry press and you will realise that a few errors here and there, the odd staple holding down a lighting strip will not turn the shiny kangaroo into a smoking hole in the groung... EVERY AIRLINE has it's maintenance errors and unless you are flying on an Indonesian or Russian carrier then you are about 99% certain to make your destination...I would seriously doubt any Qantas engineer would say they are impervious to a mistake. Yes we make mistakes, yes the industry knows people make mistakes, yes the regulatory requirements dictate that maintenance tasks that are of a critical flight safety nature have dual certifications to double check for mistakes.

I believe engineers at Qantas know their responsibility in this regard and carry out these particular processes in accordance with the aviation law and are diligent in their application.

Now I would like to highlight a 767 that was maintained in a worlds best practice facility in Singapore. The aircraft had a slat assymatry message after landing and slats were being retracted. The rectification investigation by us overly expensive outdated dinosaur engineers in Sydney found that the torque tubes on a primary flight control were not lockwired and a torque tube had become separated. Faulty slats would not cause the plane to crash, but it does make you wonder about other work that was done on primary flight controls.

Now if the correct process and procedures were followed in Singapore, you would hope the 2nd set of eyes would pick up the maintenance error before it flew. But that is assuming that the maintenance was even documented in the first place. I would even hazard a guess that if the LAME in Singapore who certified for whatever was done on the slats would have picked this maintenance error up himself had he bothered to look..
$$$$$ doe come into play and while QF insist on breading and nurturing the "climb up the greaey pole at any cost" attitude amongst it's employees then they are never going to see the naked truth...
There are other maintenance providrs out ther who can provide the same if not better service at a fraction of the cost...

Qantas were the ones who insisted on a level system which ties the amount of licences to pay. Or did you forget that.

And the other maintenance providors, actually, if you look at the numbers, especially with the Australian dollar the way it has been lately, no they aren't a fraction of the cost. The cost is comparable. The added benefit is that in the eyes of Australian's Qantas is helping keep jobs in Australia which for a lot of people is the main reason they fly Qantas. How much does doing the maintenance in Australia make for Qantas ?

qf 1
16th Jun 2009, 08:59
what word is used in the definition of worlds best practice,cost or quality,there is a grand canyon in the difference

600ft-lb
16th Jun 2009, 09:05
Worlds Best Practice = Boxes ticked when the auditor arrives.

I wonder how many suprise audits are carried out at these facilities by the issuers of the approvals (CASA, FAA, EASA etc)...

BrissySparkyCoit
16th Jun 2009, 10:39
Mite I also add, Hammer, is it cost effective to have aircraft serviced at "cheaper" facilities only to be grounded on return for corrective maintenance to be carried out?

As stated above, torque tubes not lock wired, others include galleys not bolted down properly, staples in emergency light wiring, additional hours required in heavy maintenance to rectify major corrosion that should have been blended on a previously outsourced check?

Or is that just us bad expensive Aussie engineers "gold plating"? Are you suggesting we turn a blind eye as seems to have been the case with the "cheaper" providers?

dannyalliga
17th Jun 2009, 00:44
third posttttt

Ngineer
17th Jun 2009, 02:11
Gotta love the T7 - They never break down and my god the efficiency - where do I begin.. QF should have bought some http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quite a few of our guys have only been working on them for the last 10 years, up until recently that is. But thanks for the tip.:ok:

By the way, they do break at times. And when they do, I am sure our guys will be more than happy to bail you out if needed.

QF DRIVE
17th Jun 2009, 09:55
Thats it. I will only fly on Qantas.

Until I read these posts I didnt realise that all the other major world airlines were so unsafe because they are not maintained by Qantas.

:yuk: :yuk:

600ft-lb
17th Jun 2009, 12:05
Thats it. I will only fly on Qantas.

Until I read these posts I didnt realise that all the other major world airlines were so unsafe because they are not maintained by Qantas.No one said that, your remark is completely missing the point.

The whole background of Qantas engineering and Australian engineers in general is one of accountability and above all keeping it safe. This is now reinforced with the punitive measures now in place for knowingly breaching company policy and aviation law. When your employment is at stake you make damn sure you have your butt covered from every angle.

When you have a situation when 1 LAME is supervising and certifying for the tasks of 40-50+ people, how can you expect this 1 responsible person to keep his head above water at all times. Despite their best intentions, no doubt they are of a quality of a highest standard (you would hope so) there will be times that things are missed. It's a fact of human existence. Throw in profitability pressures of the MRO concerned, remuneration tied to OTP in the LAME contract, need I finish the sentence? Look at my Singapore example in my previous post in this thread.

As a side issue, yes the only major airline in Australia, that either flies in it or out of it, the only one that has major aircraft maintenance infrastructure is Qantas. When people buy a ticket on Qantas, the chaps in the middle east aren't getting paid, the chaps in Singapore aren't getting paid, the chaps in NZ aren't getting paid, its the workers in Australia getting paid, supporting local businesses and local economies along the way.

If people have a major issue with that fact, the idea that the dollars you are spending are not leaving the country especially in this day and age of China inc, then they really need to start looking at the bigger picture.

qf 1
17th Jun 2009, 21:14
thats right needanotherbighammer,then we can all become drones like yourself:}

Nepotisim
18th Jun 2009, 02:43
It is all about the balance between $$$, OTP and Safety - Not too hard to understand is it....

mmmmmm....Balancing safety?:rolleyes:

Short_Circuit
18th Jun 2009, 04:57
Safety comes at a price.

You only get what you pay for.

:ugh:

Ngineer
19th Jun 2009, 02:42
Gee Mr Wobbles, that really shut every one up.

(I do hope your secretary wrote your submission for you).

qf 1
19th Jun 2009, 09:07
it's 21 yrs of age to sign out an aircraft,looks like some one has broken the law again.

hewlett
19th Jun 2009, 10:03
Sounds like your out of the loop qf1.Another race to the bottom is on its way.

Acute Instinct
19th Jun 2009, 16:05
The Roo's Heavy Maint H245 B744 'D Checks' completed in 36 Days
Only maint provider with nil, read NO, test flight requirement
Straight out of the shed to the eng run up bays, then off to LAX with full pax load
Exit maint delays, virtually nil
The 'MoU' MRO SE Asia, Heavy Maint B744 'D Checks' scheduled 55 Days
27 'D Checks' back to back' before an on time exit achieved, then back to business as usual
Test flight requirement mandatory, wonder why?
The record of failed test flights, on one aircraft prior return to service, 5.
Average out of service time, 62.5 days.
Management have acknowledged closing H245 was a grave mistake, that could not be reversed. On the grounds of both cost and most importantly quality.

max autobrakes
19th Jun 2009, 23:58
What other Dixon legacies are waiting to haunt Qantas?:suspect:

company_spy
20th Jun 2009, 08:03
To the shrinking violets who take issue with what the association said, harden up you blokes! So Steve may have indulged in a little spin... like the company never does, like the company never releases half truthes and outright lies, like the company is some pillar of virtue that must be revered lest we be dammed to hellfire and brimstone! If you don't aknowledge the politics involved then you must live on another planet.

Wake up LAMEs, just because we signed off on an eba and the pia ended does not mean we are best buddies all of a sudden. Some of you have very short memories....... the struggle goes on.

Ngineer
20th Jun 2009, 10:31
18yo LAMEs...I would'nt trust an 18yo to service my car unsupervised.:ugh:

qf 1
20th Jun 2009, 18:54
sorry i have been out of the game for 3 yrs,but it was 21yrs of age before you could become a LAME 3 yrs ago,whats changed

The Mr Fixit
30th Jun 2009, 12:00
The Buggery campaign continues
If you guys haven't woken up to the fact that there is a calculated campaign to destabilize our union go back to sleep and fade away.
The company has awakened its scabs (appointed and rewarded) and yesman, Game On once again.
A year out from more EBA discussions, the line is drawn choose your side

thosecotos
1st Jul 2009, 05:38
When people buy a ticket on Qantas, the chaps in the middle east aren't getting paid, the chaps in Singapore aren't getting paid, the chaps in NZ aren't getting paid, its the workers in Australia getting paid, supporting local businesses and local economies along the way.

Vey honourable quote. No doubt you drive a Ford made in Geelong, you wear clothes that say Made in Australia, and your pantry is filled with Ardmona non-perishables.

18 year olds signing out a/c. In my 27 years of aviation, I have never met a 23year old little lone an 18 yr old with the experiance to certify an a/c.

This is really scary and should not be allowed. How do you meet the prerequisite 3 years experience before you're 18 anyway - drop out in year 9? On a side note, I've also worked with plenty of 30-40-50 year olds with dozens of years certifying that wouldn't know the back end from the front end of an aeroplane. That's probably even more scary!

Bumpfoh
1st Jul 2009, 09:51
The company has awakened its scabs (appointed and rewarded) and yesman

Indeed The Mr Fixit.

One MEL appointment comes to mind, a serial scab who was once an ALAEA rep has now been appointed to manage maintenance planning in MEL which includes Line & Heavy including workshops.:sad:

Used to think he was an OK guy however.........:mad::mad:

the rim
1st Jul 2009, 10:02
mmmmm... i think that someone is posting and answering their own questions ...get a life or just name the persons involed ...is there really another group out there who wants to take over the union or is it a beat up

Bumpfoh
1st Jul 2009, 10:41
I'm stating facts old mate and definitely have no agenda what so ever.

WRT to getting a life it's effen cold and windy outside, theres **** on the box, the cook is watching some MJ crap on Foxtel and the kids are in bed so not a bad time to grind my axe about the company stooges being elevated into poitions they know nothing about all for being scabs.:ugh:

BTW I'm more than happy and impressed with the incumbant Exec!:ok:

helpfulnot
6th Jul 2009, 05:39
I want to know what the union is doing with our money we are having a fee increase and the only thing I can see is jobs for the boys. Fedsec on a salary paid out of our fees and the trustee has a full time position as the office manager this also paid out of our fees - come on ALAEA JOBS FOR THE BOYS is not on.

MR WOBBLES
6th Jul 2009, 11:29
I want to know what the union is doing with our money

At a guess the word our was a typo, it should of have been your money as if you had any idea about the lames association,you could answer your own questions .

Anyway for the non members out there, having a fed sec & office staff not beholden to an aviation employer for ones income.

is ok by me QF EBA 8 I rest my case

:confused:

7th Jul 2009, 00:17
Helpfulnot - you are showing your true colours!

helpfulnot
7th Jul 2009, 05:28
I was a LAME for a number of years but will retire before the end of this year glad to be out of it and out of the ALAEA all of you my friends are blinded by what you think is a good executive.

Toolman101
7th Jul 2009, 05:52
I want to know what the union is doing with our money we are having a fee increase and the only thing I can see is jobs for the boys. Fedsec on a salary paid out of our fees and the trustee has a full time position as the office manager this also paid out of our fees - come on ALAEA JOBS FOR THE BOYS is on

I can't talk about other people /companies, but the ALAEA has been very active and supportive in a long ongoing dispute with our management. It is only with their support that we will hopefully bring it to a satifactory conculsion:ok:

please take an interest & reply to casa as it is your safety at stake, are you pilots out there aware what you may be flying in (maybe an aluminium bucket of bolts) good luck boys n girls your going to need it when your crzing at 200000ft certified by some one who has less experiance than the person who gave you the pink slip on your car

Mr wobbles would that be the space shuttle??:E

Bumpfoh
7th Jul 2009, 12:02
I was a LAME for a number of years but will retire before the end of this year glad to be out of it and out of the ALAEA

Wishing you all the best in retirement and happy internet surfing in your obviously new found hobby by the number of posts you have contributed, all of them very negative.

I bet you have never had the gumption to approach or call one of the current exec to express your views/concerns which you have posted here.:=

Bait cast and now waiting for that elusive bite!:E

helpfulnot
8th Jul 2009, 06:21
I have actually phoned the office on a number of occasions and unfortunately have never got past the receptionist but left messages, no calls returned. I have done this for the past 3 months not sure if it is the receptionist on passing on my messages or noone can be bothered to return my call as I will not be a paying member after I retire.

ALAEA Fed Sec
8th Jul 2009, 06:26
Send me a PM helpfulnot and I will give you a call. If you're not happy with me calling, you can have my mobile number and call me thus bypassing the receptionist.

Bumpfoh
8th Jul 2009, 09:08
There you go helpful, SP offering you an audience directly, not saying you have to agree with him/them but at least you can cleanse your liver.:ok:

rudderless1
8th Jul 2009, 09:25
Gotta love prune, breaking down barriers, bringing us all together.
Helpful not, the ball is yours!:ok:
Squeeky wheel gets the oil.

helpfulnot
9th Jul 2009, 00:32
Thanks SP will send you a PM my faith in the union has just gone up

hannibal lector
9th Jul 2009, 11:34
It seems to me that all the talk that AJ was doing when he first arrived about engaging the staff and cutting management levels was typical rhetoric.

Obviously he is finding it harder then he realised to change management thinking at QF.

Just look at LMO
- 5 years ogo it was 2 levels of management from the floor to Cox, now under a young Ha$$is we have 5.....

Question for FED SEC, Are we turning the screws on QF at the moment. I am enjoying the what you are doing and I personnally think what you guys have done is galvenise the union movement. ( which was almost dead 2 years ago )

I am sick of being told that due to our PIA last year we cost contracts with other airlines. What a load of bull. All we did was a couple of $hr stop work meetings and the threat of work to rule.

They **** thenselves and mobilsed strike breakers and LAME's in management jobs. What a joke, they treated it like war and we were just having fun. Next time we might finally get serious and drive the train set they have built for us. They have no idea on how engage us and solve the problems we all face. We have to change but we will not be bullied by a bunch of hypocrites

ALAEA Fed Sec
9th Jul 2009, 14:39
Question for FED SEC, Are we turning the screws on QF at the moment. I am enjoying the what you are doing and I personnally think what you guys have done is galvenise the union movement. ( which was almost dead 2 years ago )

We are turning up the screws because the new management team have not backed up their words with actions and maintenance standards will continue to decline unless public pressure is applied to a benign regulator.

Contracts are not being cut due to our PIA. They are being cut across all service sections such as catering, check in, baggage handling and engineering.

the rim
11th Jul 2009, 07:15
just a thought but maybe the fact that no one is getting redundancy and we have lost all but ..other operaters the company is staffing us up so in the next EBA we wont be able to use the o/t bans to much effect as this was the tool that made them talk to the alaea.....and get the result

domo
11th Jul 2009, 08:41
The reason they are outsourcing the engineering business is to grow the other companies so that if we go on pia they will have a number of companies to call on to do our work.

poacher2gamekeeper
26th Aug 2009, 12:19
To ALAEA Fed Sec

:oh::oh::oh::oh::oh:

Seeing as you like to conduct business in such a public forum here’s some impartial feedback for those you represent, if not for you, from someone that gives a s#!t about all the good things done, and continue to be done, to raise the professional standing of the LAME in this industry of ours over the years.

Sadly, until there is a separation between the industrial muscle-up and the professional advocacy no one inside is going to take you seriously SP.

The two approaches are like oil and water. Until you understand the damage you continue to do long term to the overall industry and to the long term interests of those you represent, with blind destructive aggression and erroneous propaganda, you will continue to tear down the house.

Some of your rants to the media are indicative of either a poor knowledge of the actual subject matter or a wilful disregard for some of the basic tenets we all live by, and the association stands for, i.e. wait for the facts before shooting your mouth off.

Hope PS can rein you in a bit and bring some sanity (and respect) back to the association.

You are, rather sadly, seen by many of your 'peers' as the Norm Gallagher of the aviation industry.

A bit like a train crash about to happen really in that everyone knows what is coming but no one can look away.

P2G

Pegasus747
26th Aug 2009, 12:30
Surely you cant expect to be taken seriously posting something like that anonymously. The last post is the sort of things the Oldmeadow brigade would say to cause dissention.

I would suggest that if you are indeed a LAME that you should have the courage to call Steve and have a chat personally and air your views and have a proper dialogue.. but then like a small number of so called union members you would rather carp from the sideline anonymously

Johnny V
26th Aug 2009, 14:25
ALAEA Leadership Change.......... oh I have so much to say
Get rid of them.
There that about does it SP, PC, MW,WB,WV all snake oil salesman lulling you twits into a false sense of security, three years of leadership !!!!! what have it gained you ??? broken promises, limited payrises and lost respect Alan has stated he would rather deal with death than deal with the ALAEA TIME TO REALISE WHICH SIDE YOUR BREAD IS BUTTERED ON
Give this present exec the boot, all hail the new king

WoodenEye
26th Aug 2009, 22:28
I am extremely saddened by the vitriolic, malicious, anonymous attacks on ALAEA’s leadership. As was said on another Pprune thread on 14 June 09:...the tactic is all too familiar. The innocent and disinterested will be lead to believe that Qantas and ALAEA could be friends, if only it wasn’t for Purvinas and Mates.Notwithstanding, not many of Prune’s authors have actually been in the room with Paul/Steve when they were representing ALAEA to Government Ministers, Institutional Qantas Shareholders, Senior Management, Etc, but I have and I can only reiterate what I have already said:ALAEA's current Leadership has the Insight, Courage and Determination to drive sustainable, pragmatic outcomes and sincerely hope that the Lame Membership has the collective wisdom to understand and endorse what strong leadership has and will continue to achieve.Rgds
WoodenEye
AIPA Past President

wombat watcher
27th Aug 2009, 01:58
Rgds
WoodenEye
AIPA Past President

Absolutely failed and discredited AIPA Past President!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

rammel
27th Aug 2009, 06:08
I'm not a LAME but have been around for a while. Under the previous leadership SYD HM got closed with barely a whimper from the comittee and memebers.

This time they decided that they were worth more than a 3% payrise and that they were prepared to fight for it. They fought for it and from what I know they got pretty close to 5% if not 5%. What would the previous leadership done?

It didn't take much to highlight how badly run down QF has become as a company, all they did was ban o.t. The company still seems like it hasn't realised this and the same will most likely happen the next time round.

I wish that we had a bit more power that we could wield in the role I'm in, but that's not the case. A lot of jobs they could get rid of people and retrain others and after 3 months or so you wouldn't know the difference. Not so with LAME's and AME, the pesky 4 year apprenticeship and other training gets in the way of that.

If I was a LAME I would be quite satisfied how they are going at the moment. They are not puppets to the company, isn't that what you want in your union leaders.

FMU
27th Aug 2009, 06:42
Well said Rammel. I am a LAME and the current ALAEA leadership have my full support.

ampclamp
27th Aug 2009, 09:22
nicely balanced post rammel.
it aint perfect in lame land but its better than it was.:ok:
having leadership that is at arms length from the qantas IR mob is essential to getting things done.
the previous EBA was an embarrassing disaster.Here's 3 goodies, said not enough, here's 2 goodies or we'll be nasty.OK 2 goodies is fine thanks.:mad:Tails between legs.Absolute poo with a capital S.

The last was brilliant.
Mainly because the time was right (just), we were determined, we were not being greedy and we largely trusted each other to do the right thing.
The oft mentioned 130 million could have paid more than 50 LAMEs for well over 20 years or trained many hundreds of apprentices or bought lots of new kit, paid a good divvie to holders etc....
The clever well paid people running the show thought it would be a better idea to waste the lot, pay up what we wanted from day one and try to sell us to company that no longer is solvent.
Marvellous thinking that.To think that anyone involved with that strategy or endorsing it is still employable is beyond me.The excuse of causing a wages breakout was in the end a complete fallacy.

AJ has a different way of thinking but its work in progress.Plenty of middle and upper middle toes to be walked on yet.

Word is the syd domestic lads and lasses had a visit from a number of HR people recently and had a frank and open discussion on the issues at hand.That had to come from higher places and congrats for getting down on floor to have a chat.

lamem
27th Aug 2009, 09:26
Sorry mate but I cannot agree. The vast majority of lames on the floor don't agree either.

Clipped
27th Aug 2009, 10:03
To P2G

Nicely said. Is it part of your (QF Management) job description to sift through Pprune and defend so pathetically the actions of our rudderless leaders? I hope you are doing this in your own time.

QE Management and Integrity are an oxymoron.

On the numerous occasions that they have had to demonstate fairness they instead have stooped to appalling lows clearly demonstrating they and yourself have no intention of bridging the divide.

So you're not getting things your way ... so stoop lower. Nothing new here. We've all watched managers come and go ... you're no different. Your time will come too.

We're all tired of it. You've alienated a whole workforce. Why else do you think LAMEs stuck together, in fact, I've never seen such a uniform feeling across the whole of the Qantas workforce. Congratulations to Qantas Management on their business acumen. You're truly ingenious.

You reap what you sow.

To the ALAEA - a big thank you to you guys. Keep up the good work.

hannibal lector
27th Aug 2009, 11:20
ALAEA FED SEC. is the best thing that has happened to our industry. They have gained more members outside QF in the last 12 months than the previous admin. did in 3 years.
To believe otherwise is to think you are casting bait. Go home troll, free speech is good but drivel like that is not welcomed.
I am proud to stand by SP and PC anyday, anywhere for our right to be taken seriously as a profession. WE have never tried to overburden QF with ridiculous and ambit claims, just a fair and just reward for the work we do. SP and PC showed that just by electing not to do OT how much it affetcs QF, that tells me there are not enough of us, but to spend 130 mil. to save 3 mil a year............. i need to get a degree cos i would kill it as an IR manager

Hannibal

i know where you live:=:=:=

qf 1
27th Aug 2009, 12:01
what about the 12m wasted paying that Dickh##d in his last year of his so called service,now that was real value for money:confused:

ElPerro
28th Aug 2009, 10:37
ndustrial action by the Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association, with a resulting maintenance backlog, which cost an estimated $130 million in additional expenses and lost revenue;

Yup, you Steve did a great job. Drove up the cost of labor ensuring less job opportunities for Australian maint workers, and cost the economy.. What a great bloke!

a loss of $107 million in the second half.

I guess since you guys agree in pay rises in line with profits you'll be lodging a pay claim for -4% next year. You know.. share those profits and all.. :E

ALAEA FED SEC. is the best thing that has happened to our industry

Yup.. if you like watching the industry go down the sh#$ter. Crazy logic you people use. Crazy.

ditch handle
28th Aug 2009, 11:51
I guess since you guys agree in pay rises in line with profits you'll be lodging a pay claim for -4% next year. You know.. share those profits and all..

Will Qantas executives being doing the same?

You know the ones.

The ones who came within a bees dick of destroying the company, all in an effort to line their pockets. :mad::mad::mad:

28th Aug 2009, 12:53
Hey Ditch you seemed to overlook the little issue of price fixing! What is it $60mil to date?
All the bludgers should be in the slammer!
El Perro there is no doubt recent QF management really shine and are exemplary examples of corporate competence!
Their idea of engagement was engagement in industrial thuggery!
How much was your bonus EP??

VBA Engineer
28th Aug 2009, 22:17
Just as many Americans think there is nothing outside of their own country, and that everything evolves around them, it appears that most QF LAME's hold the same insular views.

Sorry boys, it isn't just about you.

fordran
28th Aug 2009, 22:21
Yup, you Steve did a great job. Drove up the cost of labor ensuring less job opportunities for Australian maint workers, and cost the economy.. What a great bloke!

I think you will find that the greatest loss of jobs for Qantas Maintenance workers came when 680 positions were made redundant after the closure of Sydney HM. This came after countless years of wage restraint and pi$$ weak union support. Since the LAME dispute last year only 5 LAME positions company wide have been declared redundant. They were all in Cairns and due to the Jetstar takeover.

It wasn't the LAMEs who cost $130M, we gave them 18 months to negotiate and they wouldn't. Turn your anger to Geoff he is the one who wanted to blow $130M.

Clipped
28th Aug 2009, 22:44
Turn your anger to Geoff he is the one who wanted to blow $130M.

Not just GD. Turn your anger to our new Chairman. Make no mistake, Clifford (union hater) is pulling the Leprechaun's strings.

blow.n.gasket
29th Aug 2009, 02:28
"The King is dead ,long live the Queen!":}

Oh Me Oh My
29th Aug 2009, 03:00
You're a bad man Blow'n' but spot on the coin.

In regards to the topic at hand, in my short years in this company and as a LAME (just over ten) I can't complain with what this present exec has delivered so far however..........................

magic8
29th Aug 2009, 09:06
Have needed SP and the ALAEA's help in the past and they were superb.We need all of thesr expertise and I hope no other LAME's are put in a similar position to require their assistance.

Johnny V
29th Aug 2009, 09:29
I've stated my stance on the question raised in this forum, you lot need to grow some cojones and do the job. The company needs men who will stand by it not destroy it.

qf 1
29th Aug 2009, 10:33
the man that tried to destroy the company left about a year ago with $12m in his kitty

Oh Me Oh My
30th Aug 2009, 09:32
Johnny V, man u blow
QF1 spot on the FOD campaign was one of the funniest utubes I've seen
I honestly can't see anyone challenging but I've talked to a few who want to be a part of it