PDA

View Full Version : Continual logging out of PPRune

eyeinthesky
13th Jun 2009, 15:04
Help please!

I recently had to reload Windows XP as it crashed, and have reinstalled all the add-ons. Since doing this, I have been unable to remain logged in to PPrune. Each time I try to move on, make a forum jump or to log in to read private forums, I am logged out and, in the case of the last, cannot get through the login process to enter the private forum.

My anti-virus programme is AVAST.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Edited to say: When I pressed submit on this message, it accepted it, but then when the browser redirected me to the thread, I was logged out again!:ugh:

green granite
13th Jun 2009, 15:17
Cookies not allowed? or, depending on the browser, private browsing mode implemented?

Silverspoonaviator
14th Jun 2009, 05:01
I have enabled ALL cookies, but not know about the private browsing, unless it is to do with VPN, then I do..But currently not using a VPN.

For example: Top right of screen LOG IN: enter valid data, response is THANK YOU: but the valid log in not reflected in the Welcome block.

Also If I do manage to get in, and try to post, when I have ended my missive, I am told I am not logged in.....

Help please....ssa

Saab Dastard
14th Jun 2009, 12:31
How about telling us what browser you are using?

SD

Silverspoonaviator
14th Jun 2009, 13:05
A recently , ie when prompted load of IE8

ssa

test edit to see if fallen of the edge of the known world........

Saab Dastard
14th Jun 2009, 13:52
Have you tried using a different browser?

opera / Firefox / chrome?

eyeinthesky
15th Jun 2009, 17:21
Thanks so far. I have checked everything I can think of. Just using standard Dell browser associated with Windows XP. (Sorry, not very good on the internal workings of a PC: if it does what it should, great; if not, stuck!)

Don't have this problem on any other websites except Ebay, which gives me a 'Cannot display the page' message on logging in (not an 'incorrect login' page).

Any further ideas?

Desert Diner
15th Jun 2009, 17:51
IE8 works fine for me.

green granite
15th Jun 2009, 18:23
Well it works for me too but I'm using W 7 not XP but I wouldn't describe the experience as enjoyable.

Suggest you down load and install FireFox 3 from Firefox web browser | International versions: Get Firefox in your language (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html) and scroll down to the english british version.
You can import your favorites from IE.