PDA

View Full Version : Youngsters in the team

Jamies80085
12th Jun 2009, 19:43
hi, i'm not too sure if this will work but here goes,
I've been trying for several months now to get a work shadowing placement over the summer, in a flight operations department. Its only for one or two days, but its proving very difficult. i am wondering if anyone will be able to put me in touch with someone who can get me a placement somewhere around Manchester, at either MAN, LBA, or LPL, i am 15, so its been difficult with h+s. please message me if you can help,

Thanks, Jamie

jakeekaj
25th Jun 2009, 21:04
Hi,
Like yourself I searched and searched in hope of a "position".
However for a start - MAN (very rarely, they currently linked with a local school doing it for them)
LBA - (Work with 2 local schools and HR don't reply)
LPL - (Unsure)

I planned 6 months ahead but throughout that 6 months there was no hope.
I didnt no what to do, so I gave my local airfield up and they said they would love to.
I landed myself with a great time, at the airfield for 2 weeks enjoying free flying, desk work, meeting real world pilots etc etc
I can honestly say by far one of the best times of my life!

Im 15, 16 very soon. Most places turned me down because of my age. My suggestion is, instead of jumping for the big places why not go for the small places.
I left with great experiance and a nice C.V which will look great when future airlines employ me (if I make it, in this current day in age)

Regards
Jake

helo425
8th Jul 2009, 15:19
Lads

Have you tried getting work experience within the Ops wing of your nearest RAF Flying Station. I know of quite a few guys who have managed it. They also get to see some of the other sections on station as well.

Good luck. I would not want to be young now and trwing to find a job or experience.

:ok:

Jamies80085
8th Jul 2009, 17:35
good idea, never thought of that, thanks! :D

helo425
8th Jul 2009, 21:00
Get your careers people at school to make contact with the media and corporate comms office at an RAF Station. That officer will then be able to put you in contact with someone who can help.

I have been an Ops Officer in the RAF for the past 12 years. If you want to know more then PM me.

Helo425