PDA

View Full Version : Logging hours

Jozi-boy26
12th Jun 2009, 14:08
Im currently building up hours to ultimately do my PPL/CPL, but as i am cabin crew, i do flying lessons all over the world eg AUS/SA/UAE/UK.
Will i be able to add all my hours when going for PPL/CPL?
I also heard that i might have to do my PPL in the country that i have done my flying lessons, is that true and how will it work with my flying hours from the other countries?

Please help as i dnt want to do any more flying lessons until i know for sure what the story is.

Thanks

redbar1
12th Jun 2009, 14:26
Jozi-boy26,
In JAR-land you must (as the general rule) do the medical, the training flights, theoretical exams and the final skilltest all under the supervision of one CAA, i.e. in the same country.

However, now I see your location is the UAE, I don't know their system...

Best of luck, anyway!:ok:
Cheers,
redbar1

Jozi-boy26
12th Jun 2009, 15:10
Thanks Redbar1,

So i take it that now i won't be able to use my hours that i accumulate in AUS/SA/DXB if i want to do my PPL in UK for instance? :ugh:

So what will happen to my other hours then? Will lose them?

Thanks again

Bealzebub
12th Jun 2009, 15:11
The short answer is yes, your hours are hours wherever you do them. However licence issue is about consistency in training such that you are properly enabled and tested to satisfy the licensing requirements of any one particular authority. Hours requirements are only the minimum that are required as part of the overall requirement. The syllabus for a licence will require that various components are signed off by an instructor/examiner that is approved by the licence issuing authority. You would be well advised to complete your training at one location, and that location should be under the authority of the country who you want your licence to be issued by.

redbar1
12th Jun 2009, 15:34
Jozi-boy26,

Well, to be specific, your flight hours per se might not be completely gone. You can not use them towards the flight training program for PPL/CPL (in JAR-land).

However, you might be able to use them towards general experience requirements, depending on the exact wording of the requirement.

..and I assume you did gain valuable experience doing those hours, that will benefit you in your PPL training later. So all was not in vain..:)

Cheers,
Redbar1