PDA

View Full Version : The "Are there any airlines recruiting-I'm too lazy to read this forum" thread

hollyn
11th Jun 2009, 22:13
hey!
i was wondering if anyone knew of any airlines that are recruiting at the moment, or when the best time is?
if any one could point me in the right direction that would be awesome.
thankyou
xx:)

cazzycazz
12th Jun 2009, 03:01
hollyn,

Hi there, not sure which airline are you interested in, Qatar Airways is recruiting at the moment, if only you are okay with relocation to Doha. Other than that, the best is to pick a few airlines which you would want to work with, constantly checking out their websites under 'career'. This is what i do everyday while waiting for the Open Day to be announced.

There are some airlines do not hold any Open Day (walk-in) but Assessment Day (by invitation only). Some will engaged recruitment company (agent) to help filter out candidates. You will have to dig in deep to find out which agency is currently being appointed as agent and you can hand in/walk in with your CV for screening. You will also need to constantly checking on the airlines & the agent's website for latest news and announcement.

For instant, Etihad's interview is by invitation only for Assessment Day and you will need to apply online through Etihad website. But in my country (Malaysia), Etihad has appointed Inter-Excel (http://www.excelmalaysia.com/) as an agent, therefore i did not apply with Etihad online directly but sent my CV over to Inter-excel for evaluation.

I hope above information is relevent and all the best to you hollyn :ok:

Jocashianna0507
20th Jun 2009, 00:56
Hi, may i just ask.. I'm a Filipina, i am interested to be a flight attendant.
I took up bachelor of Science Major in Tourism. As i really looking towards being a flight attendant. As of now, I am working as a Customer Service Assistant here in Philippines.

Do any one of you know, any airline that is hiring?
What is the qualifications? Requirements?
Thanks and best regards...

I am 5'6 in height.
Slim 110lbs.
dark brown eyes.
Dark brown hair.
Tourism Undergraduate.
Single
23yrs old
willing to work abroad.

again thank you so much!!! thanks for this forum!

elisa4
20th Jun 2009, 08:55
Conditions depend on where u want to work, but usually they want people who have customer service experience, weight and height in proportion, teamplayer, helpful, no severe skin problems, able to swim...

just have a look on the sites of some major airlines, all conditions will be listed on there.

Dont really know which airline is hiring now...

SavinMe
20th Jun 2009, 13:54
Qatar Airways is hiring. An open day is coming up in MNL on the 27th June. I suggest you look up their website or read on the thread for QR in this forum to find out more.

Jocashianna0507
21st Jun 2009, 01:06
thank you for that information,
Thus, if anybody new other airlines that is hiring please post it.

BTW, may i ask for a flight attendant do they accept applicants with
Braces or retainer on their teeth?:mad:

SavinMe
21st Jun 2009, 13:32
You will be lucky if you find any other airlines. Most of them have their recruitment on freeze at this time of year due to being affected by economic recession.

Not sure about retainers. I would suggest that you have them taken off during initial assessments to make a good impression. However, they will recommend you to have your teeth done before you join.

london-beauty
30th Jun 2009, 15:25
Hi everyone
Im interested in becoming cabin crew but due to just turning 18 i dont want to be based too far from home :) but I can travel to any London airport.
I meet the specified requirements as in height, age, weight, appearence, customer service experience, education & personal attributes.
I applied for easyjet LGW about 3 weeks ago but ave had no reply :S u reckon I should call & chase it up ( anyone have contact details?)

Anyone know of any London bases recruiting
Would be so helpfull:ok:

Thanks x

Maverick8701
30th Jun 2009, 16:14
I think Flybe maybe recruiting at LGW check there website.

usagi27
30th Jun 2009, 19:50
also check BMI: Business Class Flights Worldwide | Fly bmi (http://www.flybmi.com)
i think its a promising company

jesslee
9th Jul 2009, 15:31
is anyone knw recently have cabin crew recruitment for singapore airline, malaysia airline and emirate airline from july to the end of the year of 2009? have any open day for emirates airline so far? hope for reply soon, thx

london-beauty
9th Jul 2009, 19:38
Hi Jesslee
Theres an open day for Qatar airlines this saturday!
London Gatwick, UK
Open Day: 11th July 2009 09:00AM
Venue: Hilton London Gatwick Airport Hotel

Hope that helps x:)

Little Princess
10th Jul 2009, 14:23
Hi i just wanted to know if anyone knows any mothers who work as cabin crew???? Do they get any support???

VS-LHRCSA
11th Jul 2009, 10:29
Plenty of flying Mums out there but they are not supported any more than any other employee. Things like part time are awarded after what is usually a number of years on a waiting list. You will get the usual legal entitlements like dependant leave etc. As far as I know, the only airline that gives crew control of rostering is BA at LGW who have a seniority based bidding system but they won't be recruiting for a while. Other airlines sometimes allow swaps. Right now, you may want to give easyJet, bmi, Aer Lingus at LGW or Flybe a try. If you fancy the move, you may find Aer Arann over in Eire a try. Nice little company with pretty easy going rosters. That may well work for you.

irishbecky
31st Jul 2009, 16:11
How amazing that anybody replied to you. If you want this job my advise is get reading, how will you get through an interview if you are too lazy to read up about the company or the different types of interviews that they use?? This forum and others like it are a Godsend to anybody who is trying to learn about the business and if I, as a busy member of cabin crew, and all of my colleagues and compatriots on here can be bothered to take our time to write on here and try to give advise ...then you should have the good manners to either read the information or keep quiet!! Who will you get to study for you for all of your exams if you ever get that far?????? For sure laziness is not an attribute that any airline is looking for.

pinkus
1st Aug 2009, 09:05
I agree with Becky!!

Seriously do you people not know how to use Google. Would you like us to write your resume for you as well?

I could name at least 3 different websites that advertise aviation jobs.All can be found by doing a simple search online.

rog747
1st Aug 2009, 09:19
hmmm, too lazy? (were you being Tongue in Cheek, or 'not so' T in C?)

with an attitude like that albeit in a forum you will not stand a chance for c/c if you display any traits like that, sorry to say

thats the worst thing you can say:ugh:

SugarFace
5th Aug 2009, 21:40
now that gulf air has newly appointed ceo, can he really save the company:rolleyes:

SugarFace
5th Aug 2009, 21:43
try to check philippine airlines...goodluck:)

jesslee
17th Aug 2009, 16:04
last week i went to some airline walk-in interview but i being rejected cause i'm below the height required actually just left few centrimeter. so i might choose another alternative airline that the height measurement based on tip toes around 200-212. i found out some airline such as Emirate and cathay pacific. but so far these airline do no have recruitment.. so upset..hope for someone that can tell me have other airline that used this type of height measurement ?