PDA

View Full Version : CPL and PPL valid at same time

virtanen10
11th Jun 2009, 17:36
I have JAA PPL and FAA CPL licenses. I have done JAA ATPLs in UK and I'm going to do FAA-JAA CPL conversion in UK. So I don't need my JAA PPL when I'll apply my JAA CPL license. My PPL is not issued by UK CAA.

I have understood that it is not possible to have pilot licenses from different JAA countries at same time. What will happen to my PPL after I will get CPL from UK. Is it valid anymore? Can I keep both licenses valid, because licenses are from different JAA counties?

Shunter
11th Jun 2009, 18:07
There are quite a few folks who for example have French issued licenses, but also have UK licenses because they fly a lot in the UK and the CAA will only attach an IMC rating to a UK issued license.

I'd be interested to see the regulations which preclude this.

virtanen10
11th Jun 2009, 19:54
JAR-FCL 1.065(e) is the regulation which prohibits to hold two licenses at same time. Is this situation only in one JAR state? So I can't hold PPL and CPL valid at same time in UK, but I can hold PPL in for example in Spain and CPL in UK?

"JAR–FCL 1.065 State of licence issue
(e) An applicant shall hold only one JAR–
FCL licence (aeroplane) and only one medical
certificate at any time."

Whirlygig
11th Jun 2009, 20:24
A CPL grants PPL privileges so no real need for both :confused:

However, I still have my PPL wallet and bits of paper which are still in order, I renew my Class one every six months so the previous class one which expires is still valid as a class two so, to all intents and purposes, I hold valid paperwork for both. Not sure I can think of any use for that, legality notwithstanding.

Cheers

Whirls