PDA

View Full Version : Qatarairways Type Rating training

PINKPANTHER737
11th Jun 2009, 05:39
Hows the type rating training for someone shifting onto the A320 from a B737 NG , I am joining up as trainee captain on the A320 . Appreciate any kind of information on the matter .

Fat Clemenza
11th Jun 2009, 11:17
DEC hein?....wear your bulletproof vest buddy. People WILL reply to you on this thread

Left Wing
11th Jun 2009, 15:14
Fat Clemenza :=...hate the game not the player...you would do the same....

cochise
11th Jun 2009, 17:02
Don't mean to insult but any cold weather experience? Just curious.

thesilversurfer
11th Jun 2009, 18:45
Do you have to be born with cold weather and AWOPS certification to join QR????

Didn't mean to insult :ok:

PINKPANTHER737
12th Jun 2009, 17:28
NO offence taken but is cold weather operation any different from monsoons and hot conditions , u stick to ur procedures its just another day in the cockpit ,been 4 me even after 16 years on the B737 .. Appreciate any info about the type rating & overall training program

Fubaliera
12th Jun 2009, 18:57
Pinkpanther
As soon as you arrive in Doha
get a copy of the vacbi and the Fcoms.
Do the vacbi lessons before you start the MFTD, even though they are scheduled the same day its no enough time to do both the lessons and the MFTD trainer.
Youll get a schedule every day showing what youll review that day and they follow it to the dot.
youl get 9 sessions on the MFTD
The youll do the written test
Then about 8 session of fullmotion sim plus etops awops and zero flight time.
Im my opinion training in the Mftd and full motion sim is very good and most of the sim instructores are cool.
In line training there are a few freaks who asked wierd ass question and instead of intructing they enforce thier own tecniques.
besides this youll have no problem.
Good luck

PINKPANTHER737
15th Jun 2009, 20:52
fubaleira,
hey thanks for the information, much obliged .. extremely tight training schedule from the looks of it.....

whats the duration for training from the day u start until release on-line,.

cochise
15th Jun 2009, 21:05
Guess I should have made the reason behind my question clearer. I asked about the cold weather operations because I have a few friends in a similar situation without any and wanted to know if it was an issue?

KRUGERFLAP
15th Jun 2009, 21:32
2 to 3 months. Don't bother with the training bro.The main thing is: You are selling your soul for this P.O.S Airline. Be Aware and Good Luck! inside the DOHA JUNGLE!