PDA

View Full Version : Am I taking the right step?

rk85097
10th Jun 2009, 13:55
Hello All,

My name is Roy 24 year old from Romania, in the coming January I'm about to fly over Florida in order to start my business degree in a community college and at the same time to obtain my pilot ratings from private to multi instructor with hope to became an airline pilot one day, according to the flight school I’m going to, it should take between one year to one year and half to finish all ratings, once I will get to that point I will have another 3 years to complete my degree, my plan is to work as flight instructor in that time, my question is, how difficult it would be for me to get a job as a flight instructor while I’m considered as an international student in Florida? (probably I will have around 250 hrs)

Thank you in advance,
Roy. :ok:

preduk
10th Jun 2009, 13:58
Have you got the right to work in Florida? Most student visas will only allow you to work a certain amount of hours per week (usually 20).

Hard question, deppends if the industry picks up and there are jobs.

rk85097
10th Jun 2009, 14:05
I will get F-1 visa from the College, which like you said, allows me to work on-campus with a lot of other limitations, but my question is, if there is any way to work as flight instructor while you are a student, may be flight schools can arrange a temp work visa or something like that, the problem is that I don’t know how common is that.