PDA

View Full Version : Qantas

great southern land
10th Jun 2009, 13:26
Apparantly the Qantas boys have just recieved a 17% pay RAISE. Great comparison to our pay cut huh? :mad:

Humber10
10th Jun 2009, 16:21
no mention of that in the latest Q AIPA news letter. where do you get your info from? Please quote....

air pressure
10th Jun 2009, 16:40
I think this is why it's called a 'rumour' network...

Humber10
10th Jun 2009, 16:54
sorry I missed the point.... it was the 'A' scale folk that had the pay cut, poor buggers, :{

Veruka Salt
10th Jun 2009, 23:02
I guess the payrise just partly offsets the ~ 40% paycut they'll be taking to crew the 787 on Jetstar T & C's .. :suspect:

Big Picture
15th Jun 2009, 11:10
The QANTAS boys deserve their 2x 3% and a 4% increase, backdated over the last 3 years, I guess that would be significant considering the "compound effect" of the deal year on year. This is not really an increase, the inflation in Australia has been running at around those numbers over the last three years, so this is merely keeping up with CPI. Although it should be noted, CPI doesn't actually allow for some significant costs of living in Australia such as the cost of housing and few others.

The Cathay pilots based in Australia have not received these sorts of "increases" and I believe that a Qantas SO is now on a package well above a CX PAX FO based in Australia. The QF SO would also receive long service leave and other benefits that wouldn't apply to CX pilots.

In summary, we can say that the "grass isn't always greener", however the QF boys are receiving CPI increases that aren't being paid to CX pilots. These increases purely keep up with the cost of living and stop a degradation in quality of living. I can't see any reason why the same shouldn't be paid to CX pilots. Any failure to do so would represent a reduction in package over the longer term.

8driver
18th Jun 2009, 03:22
I'm sure if its true it'll be in the next DFO update............

Lowkoon
18th Jun 2009, 04:37
You are right 8driver, in the small print just after the story on the fall in fuel prices. But you can bet the story on Willie asking BA to work for free will take pride of place. It must be embarrasing for them to be so predictable. We are making a huge assumption however, that they write it themselves, and anyone bothers to read it, and out of those that do, anyone takes it seriously. Propaganda is only a useful tactic if anyone still believes you... :)

Equatorial
23rd Jun 2009, 10:01
Billy

Great success on the nickname and the Bruno quote very apt - I am not sure which pubs you go to and see guys dressing like being the third member of Wham.

I doubt there are many guys from QF living in the 'tip' parts of Sydney if that exists.

With more and more Jet* guys joining the Union I doubt the T & C's will degrade to much before the penny drops!