PDA

View Full Version : I Love Subway - Mil discounts, post more here..

Hueymeister
9th Jun 2009, 13:06
Just went into a Subway franchise in Shrewsbury, went to pay for my meal and they saw my ID card and gave me an immediate 10% discount...felt warm and fuzzy, and it tasted better! Anyone know of other retailers that'll do similar out there?

airborne_artist
9th Jun 2009, 14:28
Or just don't believe all you read on the interweb - the story about the Marines and Starbucks is false:

snopes.com: Starbucks Refuses Marines (http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp)

andyy
9th Jun 2009, 14:40
For a start, I have never head a RM talk about "Recon", thats definately an Americanism, in the UK its always referred to as "Recce".

Hueymeister
9th Jun 2009, 14:50
Why? Only the Starbucks bit please..I'd love to know who's giving us some discount..and I know the book is now online..

A2QFI
9th Jun 2009, 14:56
One can obtain a free BITE card which gives a 20% discount at most railway food outlets ie Upper Crust, Pumpkin, Cafe Ritazza and Burger King. None of them wildly healthy but there isn't that much choice at stations! BiTE, the discount card for rail travellers (http://www.bitecard.co.uk).
The station stuff is cheaper than on board the train and the cold drinks are cold - unlike the trolley ones!

GPMG
9th Jun 2009, 15:11
Also the 'Platoon' thing marks it out to be complete crap, no doubt penned by a competitor to Starbucks.

There is no way a Bootneck would compliment a company for the quality of it's coffee, you can't get naked whilst drinking coffee.

Anyway, if he did then the letter would read.

Hoi' Starbucks, that's a mega wet you make there mucka. Me an my oppo's think it is goes great with bar of nutty. Mind you, it's not as Hoofin as a pint of Blastaways down the street, or a goffer, cept for that diet crap, it's gash.

Anyway Cheers Easy.

I doubt if Starbucks would have a clue if they were being given 'Big Up's' or getting a 'Big Fat Freddie'. of course there would be a generous sprinkling of expletives in there. That's something that I don't miss, having to remember not to ask my mum to pass the 'effing salt please'.

teeteringhead
9th Jun 2009, 15:55
A number of motorway services give service discount too. Didn't realise until I was in one in uniform - and of course I'd counted out my pennies for the double espresso or whatever and wondered why the bill was lower!

Guess it's about 3 out of 5 when flashing 1250/MoD 90 ....:ok:

VinRouge
9th Jun 2009, 16:05
For RAF pilots with an engineering qualification, or just RAF engineers,

take 1250 and qualification down to halfords.

Obtain traders discount card.

enjoy 20-40% off Halfords parts prices and tools!

By far one of the best deals out there.

Laptops:

Dell EPP

United Kingdom > Home & Home Office Computers & Electronics Home Page (http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/epp/epp?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukepp1)

Circa 10-20% off. You can sometimes use online voucher codes and have had 40%+ off dell laptops with this method!

Your HP Store (http://h30421.www3.hp.com/epp/home.do?country=uk&lang=en)

Use email MOD@EPP

instant 20% discount on most products.

Cotswolds Camping. Ring up, get your sqn to set up an account, and enjoy 20% off in the UK, 32% if you get the stuff shipped abroad if you are on Det!

Amazon.co.uk will refund vat if you have stuff shipped abroad whilst you are on det too....

Yes, I am a pikey!

Sloppy Link
9th Jun 2009, 16:40
Blacks/Millets = 10%
MOTO Service Stations = Staff discount (30%?) off all items in the shop exxcept phone cards, batteries and fags. Burger King, Resteraunt and Harry Ramsdens.
Peter Eadie Sports shop, Salisbury = 10%
Any other shop I deal with, I always ask!

Tankertrashnav
9th Jun 2009, 16:41
Dont forget, while it's great that you're getting discounts whilst serving, as soon as you leave and hand your F1250 in, these discounts stop dead. In the current climate there's a fair chance your income will halve overnight, so those discounts would be even more welcome. Of course our US contributors already have veterans' ID cards which have many similar benefits associated with them, but I cant see a British government of any persuasion introducing such a scheme here any time soon. As I said on another thread, the attitude here is - thanks for your years of loyal service - now sod off.

Grabbers
9th Jun 2009, 16:53
Try calling Apple for all your pointless but beautiful gift needs. The do a UK Govt discount scheme that seems to be on a sliding scale dependent on the item you're after. Still cheaper than Currys though!

RB877
9th Jun 2009, 17:44
Think Dominoes Pizza is the best I know of with 50% discount.

Laarbruch72
9th Jun 2009, 17:48
Cotswold outdoor will give ten percent too.

But I think getting excited about getting 10% off a three quid sandwich at Subway is pushing things a bit far. I know times are hard, but come on... you "love" a corporate chain, and you feel warm and fuzzy because they'll give you 30 pence off a butty?!? Bet you're a cheap date! :}

themightyimp
9th Jun 2009, 17:53
Is that on top of their BOGOF deals (Domino's) ????????? :}

EngAl
9th Jun 2009, 18:13
Tankertrashnav
It's not quite as black as you suggest, a RAFA retired ID card can be useful. It gets me a 10% mil discount card at the Swindon Outlet Centre which is valid at most of the outlets there and has saved me quite a bit of money. The centre is run by McArthurGlenn who I understand have other outlets, so it may apply elsewhere.

helidriver
9th Jun 2009, 19:24
A certain Butchers in Stourbridge gives a very good forces discount if you are ever in the area. I get a whopping discount but my Dad does own it! He does fantastic BBQ packs although only delivers to the local area. PM me for details.

:ok:

h