PDA

View Full Version : Thanks DICK Smith

Cravenmorehead
9th Jun 2009, 10:07
Dick you Rock. Thanks for bailing out Senator Bob Brown.
I have been trying to email you personally but can't seem to get through.
I have been a critic of you in the past not on these forums but in general. Never again will I bad mouth you. You are a Champion with a capital C.
Sorry all PPRuNer's I know this is not really an aviation related issue but well here is a man who generally wants to do good for the environment and good causes. We often bag him on this forum but on this occassion as on many others he has excelled; well in my opinion for what it is worth. So I thought I might just cut him a little slack in the future.
I wish I had the money and guts this fella had.:ok:

Joker 10
9th Jun 2009, 10:19
OK Me too, a very generous Australian thing to do, give support to those who are trying to make our lives just a bit better and look generations to come.

OZBUSDRIVER
9th Jun 2009, 10:57
Smith bails out Brown???????? You have got to be kidding me.

Go and read the Greens manifesto. The Nazi party had similar views. ZPG World wide depopulation, global warming, environment before people???

Way to go, Dick:hmm:

dodgybrothers
9th Jun 2009, 11:03
in the pocket for a rainy day eh Dick?

Buster Hyman
9th Jun 2009, 11:10
So, did Bob Brown win the Seasprite article prize??? :confused:

Capn Bloggs
9th Jun 2009, 11:49
The Greens are like unripened tomatoes:

Green on the outside and RED on the inside.

fence_post
9th Jun 2009, 11:51
Good on ya Dick.......well done!

Wiley
9th Jun 2009, 11:51
What I didn't like was the way it was so damned obvious in his interviews on commercial radio (and I assume the ABC) that Brown was openly trolling for some benefactor(s) to come up the readies to bail him out.

Since this is an Aviation site, it needs to be said that Brown and his acolytes are no friends to this industry. Call me a total cynic, but Dick can spare that amount of cash without needing to give it second thought. I can't help thinking he'd have done better to give it to the Children's Hospital than to Senator Brown.

It wouldn't have made such a splash in the media though, would it?

tail wheel
9th Jun 2009, 12:24
I can't help thinking he'd have done better to give it to the Children's Hospital than to Senator Brown.

I think you'll find he's already made significant donations to children's hospitals, medical science and many charities of his choice, without fanfare.

I think you will find it was Brown that advised the press, not Smith.

Aviation content = zilch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed-1.gif