PDA

View Full Version : Shenzhen Airlines

MaxThrust
9th Jun 2009, 00:53
There is a storm brewing at Shenzhen Airlines. A number of pilots employed recently by the airline and a few that have been employed for quite some time have found themselves not being paid. The airline offers vague explanations of reasons why to the Contractors. Even in the face of accusations that the airline is breaching its contract with the Brokers has not persuaded them to remedy the situation. If you are considering going to work in China be very careful. Once they have you there its not so easy to just pick up and leave.

unimuts
9th Jun 2009, 13:49
Once they have you there its not so easy to just pick up and leave

What ? :confused:

If they don't pay, it's easy, pack suitcase and go. Where is the problem ?

Your contract must say you work, you get paid. If they don't pay just vote with your feet. I think any company that doesn't play fair over salary will sit up and take notice as employees leave.

Maybe they are trying to push there luck, by seeing what they can get away with.

Unimuts

VRSCSE2
10th Jun 2009, 06:25
I don't think it is that simple. Most of the pilots who have gone to China have spent a lot of time and effort in getting the job. Lots of paperwork, tests , medicals, checkrides and so on. Many are trying to build their PIC time or just glad to have a job. So just picking up and leaving might not be the best plan for each person. And yes, some people are willing to fly for free, I see it happen on many contracts.
No matter where you do contract flying you should always be careful.
Remember it is only a piece of paper.
VRSC :ok:

JotaJota
10th Jun 2009, 08:59
VRS... Agree!