PDA

View Full Version : ATPL integrated course

spoon84
8th Jun 2009, 13:38
Hi people,

I'm a new user of the Forum.
I'm 25 years old and i live in Switzerland, would like to have an ATPL integrated course and i'm looking around for some schools.

My choice now is between Intercockpit (Frankfurt) & Flight Training Europe (jerez).

Anyone has some advice to give me??

Which has the best quality comparing to the price that you pay??

Thanks to everybody!!

Regards

machonepointone
10th Jun 2009, 08:47
Hi,

I cannot give you any info on Intercockpit but I understand that the current price for the integrated course at FTE is 102,000 Euros. I appreciate that it is a lot, but it is all inclusive (and by that I mean all flight test and examination fees plus food and accommodation). For further details I suggest that you log onto their website at [email protected]

All flight tests apart from the IR Skill Test are conducted by staff examiners. The IR is done by a CAA examiner who comes to Jerez and does all the IR Skill Tests for those students on a particular course. MCC training is conducted either on a Hawker 800 sim or a Boeing 737-800 one. FTE has approval to conduct MPL training so which simulator you use might depend on the use to which the 737 sim is being put for the MPL training. On completion of your training you will be issued with a frozen ATPL.

Academic pass rates are above the UK average and stand at around 98%. First time pass rate at the IR Skill Test is around 70%-75% with very few students failing to complete the test at the second attempt.

If you contact FTE you will be welcome to visit the school and have a look around.

I suggest that you also try to log onto Intercockpit's website as well for a comparison, although I suspect that there is no substitute for a visit to both places.

Hope the above is of some use to you. I don't log onto Pprune all that often, so if you would like any further information please feel free to contact me on [email protected]

All the best with your searches.