PDA

View Full Version : Open House @ Indian DGCA

cyrilroy21
8th Jun 2009, 02:52
The indian DGCA has decided to conduct an OPEN HOUSE on every monday and thusrday between 3:30 p.m and 4:30 p.m in order to adress pilots
grievances relating to licensing and medical issues

Take a look at it

http://www.dgca.nic.in/dgca/Public%20Notice%20(Open%20House).pdf

What do you think guys ? Will it be any help :confused:

IndAir967
8th Jun 2009, 03:46
utmost it wud make a 5% percent difference..
DGCA should be De Centralised..
If u hav a look at the Training and Licensing Dept at that office (new delhi) u ll realise just about handfull of folks are handling all the licensing issues for the entire country..
DGCA should rather set itself up in a southern city of Chennai or Bangalore so that would make people from the states south of MP to deal with this office making things a little simpler..

INFERENCE:-
ITS AN EXTREMELY UNDERSTAFFED DEPARTMENT:hmm:.

Left Wing
8th Jun 2009, 06:01
with 90% of the airlines based out of BOM...there must be a regional HQ in BOM with equal powers as the DEL branch..

IndAir967
8th Jun 2009, 06:07
with 90% of the airlines based out of BOM...there must be a regional HQ in BOM with equal powers as the DEL branch..

Point Taken .. but me aint sure about that 90% airlines based in BOM.

But definitely 90% of all VT- Airlines Operate to BOM so its worth setting up an full fledged Flight Operations Center at BOM. Especially the ones that deals with ICAO Annexure 6.

As i said DGCA must be de-centralised.

Happy Landings.

rdr
9th Jun 2009, 02:26
I fully agree, the DGCA must get out of DEL, and quick.
BOM may be the most logical, but too political due to the rivalries between the two centres.
Also, you need a place far away from the likes of local goons like the MNS and local politicians.
If they overhaul and start a computerisation process, they can be placed anywhere in India.
My Christmas wishlist.