PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Art Help please

The AvgasDinosaur
7th Jun 2009, 14:09
I have quite a large collection of aviation art prints ( too large according to the domestic authorities ) However I am trying to find a copy of a print "Canberra - Still flying high" by Wilf Hardy. I have tried all the more obvious places Aces high, e-hangar, ebay etc and searches on the artist name without sucess can any one help please.
I am also trying to find who publishes the aviation prints by Paul Whitehouse. I have one print of his "Perfect view" a BEA Viscount Red Square over Jersey, which I bought at a model railway exhibition about 8 years ago. One of his published works is "Try a little VC tenderness" a BOAC SVC-10. I can find that in card size but not print, the publisher of the cards denies any knowledge.
If any one has any idea where these can be purchased or how to contact the artists concerned I would be most grateful.
Thanks in anticipation, for your time and trouble.
Be lucky
David

Dysag
7th Jun 2009, 16:38
Did you try the Guild of Aviation Artists?

GAvA - Guild of Aviation Artists (http://www.gava.org.uk/)

The AvgasDinosaur
7th Jun 2009, 17:47
Many thanks for your reply.
Wilf Hardy is a member but there are no links to his print publisher on there or contact details. There is a list of his originals for sale via the secretary.
Be lucky
David