PDA

View Full Version : CPL In new zealand

Francois Guerandel
7th Jun 2009, 12:27
Hi Everyboby,

Is there any pilot from New Zealand who could help me?
I am actually planning to go there next year to obtain CPL with multi engine rating...Just wanted to know possibilities of employment overthere
Many thanks

Abu Bebo
7th Jun 2009, 13:16
Have you looked into what you need legally to work there, ie a Resident's visa or Work visa? Whilst you are studying for your CPL a student visa will be required if the study is for more than three months.
An accepted route to employment is CPL, Instructor rating, then MEIR with about 1000 hours with a company who may give you a GA job passenger or freight after that. Do 6 months SPIFR and try for a job with Eagle or Air Nelson. If the job market is at the right phase of the cycle, you may even get a choice of bases...
Its definately worth visiting prospective schools and aero clubs before committing to anything.
Best of luck
A.B.

Aerozepplin
24th Jun 2009, 07:26
I'm currently in the middle of my CPL at the International Aviation Academy (based at the Christchurch Aero Club), which with their large fleet (Partinavias, Seneca, new Warriors and Archers, Arrow, etc) is a good place to do your MEIR/CPL etc. However good luck finding a job here, I personally have no idea where you'd go. As said above unless you're super lucky instructing is the best bet. Once you're there though there's plenty of small carriers after you have a few hours. It is a great place to learn though, mountains, not too busy, plenty of controlled airspace around, challanging weather etc.