PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan questions

gd44
3rd Jun 2009, 20:52
Return from Sharm El Sheik delayed for no apperent reason deaprting at 2115.

Aircraft landing in Prague and MSJF positioning in to collect the passengers and take them to Edinburgh. Presumably because the crew will be out of hours.

Interesting :8

I hope the delay wasnt due to another tech aircraft.

Regards,

mad1jock
5th Jun 2009, 09:52
Information from a passenger on this flight.

They were informed of a delay due to a technical problem. They were then later informed that it was an engine sensor issue and the pilot wanted it fully checked before flying. Once onboard they were advised that the crew would be out of hours and they were heading for Prague to change crew. During the flight the passengers were then advised that they would now be heading for Budapest. On arrival at Budapest everyone was made to disembark pass secrutity into the terminal. Eventually reboarding the aircraft they finally arrived at Edinburgh @ 07:31 some 9hours 35minutes late.

Does anyone know if the passnengers are entitled to compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004. Trying to understand and after a brief look there does seem to be a case for compensation under this scheme as they cannot class a technical fault as outwith their control or exceptional circumstances.

Thanks.

touch&go
5th Jun 2009, 15:04
What a world we live in, if things don't go exactly to plan the look for compensation, I worked for a low cost operator many years ago, if the flight was delayed they would just cancel the flight, at least some airlines get people home.

freightdoggy dog
5th Jun 2009, 17:14
Mad1jock.

Although the total flight was delayed longer than 5 hours, you can only request a refund of the original ticket price you paid, if you decide not to travel.

So if you paid 99p inc taxes, that's the refund !

As the flight was not CANCELLED, then no financial compensation is due, as "touch and go points out ", at least NoflyGlobespank got em home.

They also took all reasonable measures to avoid the delay by sending out a new crew.

I stand to be corrected

mad1jock
8th Jun 2009, 13:28
I was seeking clarification on the compensation as with most European laws they are such a minefield. One thing that did not happen was to keep the passengers informed on the delay and the actions. The comments I have had have been that the crew were happy but the lack of any help to the people to contact back home was not exactly helpful. from what I understand the length of the delay entitled the passengers to a meal and refreshments and two calls/emails/telex/faxes which nobody was informed of.

I am lead to believe that the airline has a duty of care/responsability should a delay happen and they inform the passengers.

Curious Pax
8th Jun 2009, 15:44
Based on Eveileyes note on GSM thread in the A&A forum I better put this question here:

A relative is booked with her family on a 2 week trip LGW-Hamilton in September. However due to medical treatment that was planned to be after she returned, but has now been brought forward they can't go at the times booked. GSM's website states that changes to booked flights can be made for a fee up to 7 days prior to departure onto any other flight on the route available at that time. As these flights finish at the end of September she is looking to change to Summer 2010, though of course those are not yet on sale.

Can any GSM insider give an indication on when the Canada Summer 2010 flights are likely to be put on sale? Looking back through the archives it would appear that she will be OK (just) as they have gone on sale in August previously, but it would be helpful to know if this is likely to be the case again.

Thanks.