PDA

View Full Version : Red's and Eurofighter

fallmonk
6th Jun 2009, 20:19
Please fell free to move this if in wrong place ,

Just wanted to say thanks to all the boys n girls who helped at the perth/sconne airshow ,
Reds was usual brilliant display and was finished of with "mr noisy" the eurofighter, lot of small displays but it was the big boys every one wanted to c , there was a Gr7 harrier there fro kids to view and sit in ! also a very plastic chinnock to give people a idea of wot there like inside (altho am sure the real ones dont have big heaters and pcs in them lol)

Am quiet sure there will be a lot of small(and big) children dreaming of joining up and being that typhoon pilot ! :ok:

Rainboe
7th Jun 2009, 08:45
there was a Gr7 harrier there fro kids to view and sit in ! also a very plastic chinnock to give people a idea of wot there like inside
An interesting review, but not altogether for the right reasons! Are you really 36 and writing in textspeak, with out of control apostrophes, capital letters and spelling? Do you know what the difference is between there (over there) and they're (they are)? Can you imagine what it was like to read that for someone who was clipped around the ear for spelling and grammar mistakes? Who said you can get away with this sort of thing?

It took 50% longer for going back trying to see what you meant. What's a chinnock? Should I add 'lol' at the end of this? If you are going to post something for hundreds to read, as a courtesy to them, you should go back over it and do your best, not just hit them with what appears to be a text message.

Adult education is available to all- better to do that than respond with abuse as is usual!

Planemike
7th Jun 2009, 09:02
I agree with Rainboe. It is a delight to read correctly written intelligible English. The English educational system and 'text speak' has a lot to answer for. Surely it is not that difficult to spell aircraft types correctly, including capital letters where appropriate. It would be interesting to know if Fallmonk is a product of the English or Scottish educational system.

Planemike

Runaway Gun
7th Jun 2009, 10:11
Planmike, I loved your speling errors too mate - good laugh :)

hellsbrink
7th Jun 2009, 11:30
I think the last part of his comment may be racist rather then careless.

Don't you mean "racist rather THAN careless"? "Rather then" makes no sense whatsoever.

And anyway, I wouldn't be so quick to bring in the "r" word. For quite some time the Scottish educational system was regarded as superior to the English one, with emphasis on reading, writing, counting and, especially, spelling and punctuation. So if fallmonk was a product of the Scottish system it shows it failed in his case or he has decided to ignore everything he was taught.

(Jockinese and taught under a proper system where some people may have been "of lower IQ" but still left school being able to read, write, count and spell properly)

fallmonk
7th Jun 2009, 18:27
Just wanted to say thank you to all you proffesional English teachers out there for pointing the errors of my ways , I so wish i had had you when i was at school that way when i made a small error i wouldnt need to sit here and type out my apoloige ,yes i may not be the most eductated person on these forums but i can assure you i dont use "text" speak .

Yes i am off a Scottish educational system and yes it WAS regarded as one of the best, in not only the UK but the world but like many things thats in the past. The whole UK education system is down the tubes maybe we have all the nice people on here pointing out my errors generation to thank for that ! Yes i am also Scottish if any one has a problem with that i will be pleased to forward my parents plot details that they can have a word with them.Feel free to add racists comments as un like others on here i have a thick skin and can take a joke and possible some spelling errors !

Can i also take the time to get back to the origanal message if any one can remember that

A big THANK YOU to all the RAF boys and girls who made the show possible really was as impressive as ever a true credit to our armed forces :ok:

Planemike
7th Jun 2009, 18:55
Fallmonk, please do not take my comments as in any way a personal attack. I do believe everyone should try to use the language as correctly as possible; call it a personal foible if you wish. I make mistakes too but always strive to improve and will correct mistakes when given the opportunity.

Anyway glad you were able to attend a show that you wanted to report on.

Planemike

Rainboe
7th Jun 2009, 20:23
You're from Perth and you spell Scone wrong? I'm quite concerned. Without being arrogant, if I was semi-literate, I would pull my socks up in that department. If I was hopeless at numbers, punctuation, grammar, composition, I would do something about it, especially before posting something big time in public. I had a good education. I still did Open University Maths and Science courses to bring me up to date so I would always be one step ahead of my kids. Don't stumble through life with a disability that is voluntary. All my life I have had people demanding the best of me, and clipping me around the ear when I didn't measure up. Now, I thank every one who was so hard on me. Maybe it has made me too critical of others when they have not received the same motivation to give of their best. But you can do it- it doesn't cost anything, and you would not produce horrors like that.

And kill the smileys!

tiki4
7th Jun 2009, 21:58
The Airshow at Perth was a resounding success. The Reds display was spectacular and the commentary was very witty!
The Eurofighter display was absolutely awesome, quite possibly the best Eurofightre display I have seen to date. Well done Flt Lt Loughran on a first class, crowd pleasing display!!!
Congratulations to everyone involved in organising the event, especially Gill and Berry! Looking forward to next year.

tiki

Icare9
8th Jun 2009, 07:28
Perhaps a chinnock is a "Lady" of the Labour persuasion "helicoptered" in to the Cabinet.................??

fallmonk
8th Jun 2009, 18:25
Rainboe,
For you information i am not from Perth am for Glasgow, i now reside in Perth due to the fact my Mrs is from there .i can understand the error as my location is marked "Perth" so surounding areas are not to familiar to me so you will once again have to excuse my spelling .

Am so glad people gave you that clip around the head , hopefully not to many times and not to hard wouldnt want you complaining to the school board about them now would we, can only imagine you screaming child abuse if you get so upset about a few spelling errors heaven help us when it came to people hitting you ! Personaly i was just trying to get throu school with out getting stabbed , making it past secondary school was only optional if you had real brains and as you have taken great delight in pointing out i wasnt one of them !
Now the irronic thing is i agree with you that using the English languge should be done proper and i do strive to do so , i personlay hate text speach , and if you re-read my 1st post you will notice there isnt any yes there is a few typos but other wise it was just a short post to say thanks to everyone involved esp the armed forces for a great day out , but thanks to you the whole essence of the post has been side tracked !

As for "killing the smillies" :mad: off !

they are on the site , so they can be used !

have a nice day now :ok: