PDA

View Full Version : VIH Cougar

r22captain
6th Jun 2009, 16:54
Anyone know what's up with VIH/Cougar's new operation in the GOM...I guess it's called "VIH Cougar"

VIH Cougar Helicopters, Inc. || Helicopter transportation services in the Gulf of Mexico (http://www.vihcougar.com/)

Looks as though they have/want crew wtih both Canadian and FAA licenses?

Training
To be a fully trained and qualified VIH Cougar Helicopters Captain the pilot must have the required licenses and ratings and must complete at least the following training:
US Airline Transport Pilots License (ATP)
SK-61 Type Rating
FAA Class 1 medical
VIH Cougar Helicopters FAA approved FAR 135 Ground School
VIH Cougar Helicopters Flight training
S-61 simulator for Offshore and Emergency training
FAR 135 flight check
Transport Canada Ground School
Transport Canada Class 1 Flight Physical
Transport Canada ATPL and SK-61 Type Rating

They have any contracts secured? Not a whole lot on their site other then it looks like they are putting up quite a hanger.:}

Shell Management
6th Jun 2009, 18:32
Despite the accident in Canada there is still massive potential to unseat the more traditional (i.e. pathalogical) helicopter operators from their deepwater contracts.

Rumour is that BP are ready to switch.

WhirlwindIII
10th Jun 2009, 20:26
I think VIH/Cougar/Western have a base somewhere on Texas coast, Glaveston or Corpus Christi - pretty sure there is a new base in Fourchon, Louisiana also. Good operator, getting their act together in US, good pilots.

the delaminator
10th Jun 2009, 22:31
I think VIH/Cougar/Western have a base somewhere on Texas coast, Glaveston or Corpus Christi - pretty sure there is a new base in Fourchon, Louisiana also. Good operator, getting their act together in US, good pilots.

Galiano Louisiana. Best company I've ever worked for bar none.

Ned-Air2Air
10th Jun 2009, 22:39
The quality of people working for Cougar/VIH from Ken Norie, Rick Burt, JJ Gerber, all the way through to many of the line pilots I have met are a class act.

Good luck to them and hope they do well down there. About time the arrogance of PHI was given a shake (and no that does not relate to the pilots).

Ned

Choppertim
12th Jul 2010, 14:31
I was wondering what kind of schedule you usually work. Domestic vs Touring. I.E. 14/14, 6/6. I appreciate your response.

Redhawk 83
19th Jul 2010, 02:13
US Certificate - VIH Cougar is two weeks on/off in GOM.

Canadian Certificate - Cougar pilots do 3 weeks on/off in GOM. VIH Cougar (US) pilots working under the Cougar certificate do 2 weeks on/off in GOM; longer in other locations.

ResqBoy
19th Jul 2010, 05:21
The quality of people working for Cougar/VIH from Ken Norie, Rick Burt, JJ Gerber, all the way through to many of the line pilots I have met are a class act.

Rick Burt is now heading up CHC operations in Australia, no longer with Cougar.:ok: