PDA

View Full Version : 1s delete program not found ??

x213a
6th Jun 2009, 12:47
Upon startup, on a blue screen I get "1s delete program not found" showing. The computer then boots normally and I cant really see any evident problems.Anybody know what it means? It's been doing it ages now - ever since I delved a bit to deep over my head trying to clean out junk etc.Running xp sp3, use cc cleaner, think it may have occurred after cleaning the registry at some point.Cheers

Tarq57
6th Jun 2009, 13:05
Do you (or have you) use/d Lavasoft AdAware? Reinstall the program. Then, if you no longer want it, uninstall.
Alternatively, search the registry for Lavasoft or AdAware, and delete the startup entry if the program is no longer installed.

x213a
6th Jun 2009, 13:21
Ahh, yes I have but binned it for superantispyware. So It maybe didnt uninstall correctly? CC cleaner shows no anomalies in the register when scanned now though. Cheers.

hellsbrink
6th Jun 2009, 14:39
A little time-consuming, but manually go through your registry removing all references to "Lavasoft" and "AdAware".

Something is left there, and hasn't been deleted in the uninstall. It's like with Norton when even the "removal tool" leaves so much crap behind.

Look on the net and I'm sure you'll find a page that tells you exactly which registry entries to remove.

x213a
6th Jun 2009, 16:34
Thanks, will give it a whirl. If it seems a bit to heavy though will probably just leave it seeing as it doesnt appear to be causing any problems.

stickyb
7th Jun 2009, 05:42
Just a thought - right click on My COmputer, then select properties, then select Advanced, then select system startup.

What does it say there?