PDA

View Full Version : salary packages for CPT 320 AirAsia; latest info please?

babaina
6th Jun 2009, 12:38
Hi buddy!
Anybody has any info regarding the salary packages for Capt A320 in AA? I've heard many guys are joining AA after management improved the T&C and payrise. Fact or not? I was looking for these infos in the other threads and web but nothing.
Cheers and safe flight

QAR
6th Jun 2009, 14:58
i heard from a friend in airasia..before airasia t&c 1 bottle of water per flight and half a dozen peanuts at the end of the month...

now you fly 110hrs in 30 days you get 25 bananas and 5 coconuts..

thats a deal mate...

its a bloody low cost what t&c do you expect?????

babaina
6th Jun 2009, 15:41
ok! but how much are these coconut and bananas? just need figures guys; come on!

Paladini
6th Jun 2009, 15:56
RM12,000/month
+RM 195 / block hour - min 80 hour guarantee
NO Transportation allowance
NO housing allowance
NO schools allowance
NO peanuts
NO tea bags
NO Coffee

babaina
6th Jun 2009, 16:18
:rolleyes:.....not that bad. Around 8k$ a month; it's worth it if living in M'sia is as nice as people say. So, how much to expect to take back home a month? let's say with wife and one kid? decent but not luxury lifestyle?

Paladini
6th Jun 2009, 19:28
KL is actually quite expensive. Figure on being able to send $500-600/month.

School fees are exorbitant for international schools. Rents range from $1500-4000/month, utilities depend on whether or not you require AirCon in 30 degree C/90% humidity. Car lease, another $1000.

Catch my drift?

jumpdrive
7th Jun 2009, 02:16
dont forget TAXes

sec 3
7th Jun 2009, 03:58
Babushka, which buddy are you talking to ?

Sky Dancer
7th Jun 2009, 04:44
sounds like peanuts to me..:ok:

azlee_19
7th Jun 2009, 05:20
"School fees are exorbitant for international schools. Rents range from $1500-4000/month, utilities depend on whether or not you require AirCon in 30 degree C/90% humidity. Car lease, another $1000."

Excuse me, of course rents start frm RM1500 and above if u live in KL centre, CyberJaya, or PutraJaya. Rents are lesser if u live in Putra Heights my place, a 1800 sqft hse at RM750/month, or probabbly 1000 in Puchong. Why does anyone want to live in KL if they have to commute 90 minutes by themself to work(with no transport allowence)

Car lease, yes expensive, but u still could get less than 1000 if u know where/what to find.

AirCon- yes u need it, but sometimes fan is sufficient (try to adapt)

there's a cheaper Int school in Subang, near old airport, cant remember the name yet, but was recommended by my colleague.

babaina
7th Jun 2009, 14:53
$500-$600 a month??????? damn! Do you mean a decent king's life? should be any mistake somewhere in your calculation man! It dosn't worth leaving my country! No way!

southernmtn
7th Jun 2009, 18:52
Babaina, then don't come. Nobody's asking you to.
Babi betul!

Oz_TB10
8th Jun 2009, 06:06
From what i understand, the tax is on the basic only. :confused:

stealthone
9th Jun 2009, 08:01
Well, Babaina you should come on your own. You can stay in one of the fat bangla's hotels near the airport for 2500RM per month. No need for a car, school, apartment etc, dine at the local food court and you'd be able to send you wife at least 4500k every month so she can enjoy her life haha. Good luck.

babaina
9th Jun 2009, 11:47
Stealthone:
Ok, let's say a standard 2 bedroom's flat, small car, dine out 4 times a month, flight back home twice a year, take the kids out once a week for playground or these kind of stuff,...
Still able to save 4K$?
(sorry to come over and over again but this is a huge decision to come up with)
Thx

bakasakalye
11th Jun 2009, 18:31
Babaina, In india 9k usd is average net for capt a320. No free peanuts but transport and housing is free. Even coffee and tea and a basket of fruits and some sandwiches are free in flight. The only problem is that their DGCA is proclaiming that all expats must leave by 2010. Though I don't think they will be able to achieve this unless they prefer their planes on ground.

:D:E:ooh:

Syrian Aviator
12th Jun 2009, 20:54
Malaysia is wonderful place to live and fly but unfortunately with this kind of salary, you'd only enjoy the place but wont be able to save much, if any in your case

doing the math:

12000RM per month - 27% tax = 8760RM + (80 hours X 195) = 24360RM / 3.505 = 6950USD, lets say 7000USD

Minus

Rental in Subang Jaya, USJ or Shah Alam (the nearest decent locations i could remember) 1000-1500USD including utilities

Petrol/Toll to/from KLIA about 300USD a month

Cars (expensive to buy unless you chose Proton), costs you about 15000USD for a Wira

Food very cheap and very good

Booze expensive unless you stay in Langkawi or Tioman

Overall, you should consider: Do you want the money or the experience, if you want money then its not worth it; NAS, QR, EY offer much better (double) package, if you are after experience, then you'll definitely enjoy it

Regards

azlee_19
14th Jun 2009, 11:21
where in the world u stay and paid USD 1000 to 1500/month rental? thats RM 3700 to 5500/month already! i think u have been conned! (unless the place is really luxurious)

Syrian Aviator
14th Jun 2009, 16:17
Hey Azlee

It was a corner lot in USJ 3, double story, fully furnished with garden, maid and all utilities paid by owner, it was actually 3500RM all in (2004-2007), that is 1K USD

If you want luxury, think about paying at least 10K RM per month if you stay at a bungalow in Tropicana in PJ , with golf club membership access

Regards

BANANASBANANAS
15th Jun 2009, 02:32
It depends where and how you want to live.

All Residential for Rental in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan for RM0 to RM50,000 (http://www.iproperty.com.my/property/rentalsearch.asp?cboPropertyType=AR&cboState=NS&txtCity=Nilai&txtMinPrice=0&txtMaxPrice=50000&btnGo=Go)

Nilai, just to the south of KLIA has property for rent from 500RM pcm to over 7000 RM pcm.

flightleader
15th Jun 2009, 05:54
Nilai is 20km to the east of KLIA!! Not south!! Livable if ready to adopt the local lifestyle. Some expat lecturers from Inti university or Nilai university live there. Nightlife is limited. With the new 180 rooms hotel at the Nilai Spring golf course operational recently,things might improve rapidly. The house market had gone up 25% in the last 2 years. Thanks to the Islamic university and LCCT. Food is some 15%-25% cheaper than KL. No good school for kids. Plenty of uni student roaming the area. Generally, stay close to INTI uni would be alright.The whole township is around 7km from one end to the other.20mins drive to airport to work is a breeze in a country of massive traffic jams. Oh yes, in Nilai,no such thing as pay parking. It's all free and usually park right in front of the shop you wanna go. Plenty of MAS,Airasia people live there.

azlee_19
17th Jun 2009, 13:07
Syrian aviator

I think its a VERY good deal, corner w garden and especially maid!

AXELYUDIST
20th Jun 2009, 05:10
And... no LOL , we may go to heaven foc....:ok:

kennyngkenrich
21st Jun 2009, 15:45
we have gay captains in air asia

azlee_19
21st Jun 2009, 18:27
Kenny, your point is? Perhaps u should open another thread?

BoeingDriverUSA
22nd Jun 2009, 06:18
Yo all!!

How about your applying and getting the job FIRST! Then, come back here and start debating whether or not you should go to Malaysia.

You all waste the time to speculate if working for AirAsia is good or bad and you haven't got a job offer yet!

Be more productive with your time!!

hellboy
23rd Jun 2009, 17:43
It's all good...enjoy ;)

mokilu
23rd Jun 2009, 20:57
kennyngkenrich, contratulations:D for your personal choice!
But I guess that your sexuallity is irrelevant for all of us

sayap-patah
24th Jun 2009, 20:51
well at least in AA....NO JOB CUTS....NO PAY CUTS....STEADY DEVELOPMENT....GREEN VIEW EVERY DAY.....at the end its better to have job than grounded.....and kepp on saying i'm ex SQ pilots...i'm ex japanair pilots...i'm ex cathay pilots.........
am I right hellboy???????
cheers ...Enjoy the summer for mr.QAR......

boltak
25th Jun 2009, 02:16
we have gay captains in air asia

dictionary definition:
–adjective 1. having or showing a merry, lively mood :);)

which I suppose what he kennyngkenrichactually means is that the captains that he flies with in AIRASIA are happy people.:):p;)

unlike some other airlines where thr captains are moody etc etc.:bored::*:(

hellboy
26th Jun 2009, 17:15
Did I say something wrong to your new company Capt.Sayap Patah? Anywhere you are if I said a bad thing about your 'new company' that is just my opinion just like when you said about your old company in the sand pit, the one that only gives you promises even yourself couldn't stand for that right...

Maturity its important especially when you're now already a CAPTAIN also an instructor, don't let the past backfire at you it can be costly....fly safe

Hellboy

sayap-patah
4th Jul 2009, 15:09
well mate we're still in the sandpit!! because only EY that give school allowance for three kids..he..he..check my thread on Mid-east forum..i told you to come here...cheers.:ok:

QAR
8th Jul 2009, 16:06
airasia is the best airline in the world to work for..THATS WHAT ALL AK TECH CREW WOULD SAY..

you fly 100 hours a month and give your last drop of blood to your airline so you fat ceo can buy another porsh ..

yes "sayap patah"...im enjoying my summer here on the beach..its sounds like you need to get a life..you miserable...CU#T!!

hellboy
10th Jul 2009, 03:55
Looks like you doesn't belong in the sand pit anymore Capt.Sayap-Patah, I believe that you made a lot of angry friends back in the sand pit the ones that you left behind. You give them hope but then it is you that left them behind with an empty hope a bunch of debts. I would be very furious if I were one of your so called friends, poor guys....Do you have the guts to meet them again someday? Or maybe go back to the sand pit again as you mentioned EY but most probably QR I presumed....If you think that you know me don't forget I also know you, let see what is your next move after AA. For me I don't despise any airlines that I came to and I dare you to go back home and get a job in your home country or maybe your first airlines that you work for if really love your family..oooooops that's the reason you moved to AA ain't it?

Sandpit, AA, Nihongo Airlines or GA for me it's all good, my life its so simple.

insert_name
15th Jul 2009, 04:45
hmmmm what a time to join this thread.

Thanks to those that posted the pay and tax in earlier threads.

My Q is how do you get in to AA??

I have been applying to AA since they started, granted back then i had very low hours. I have Jet command now, but am not A320 rated.

Can anyone give me some info on how to get it??

thanks
i_n

reawold
15th Jul 2009, 06:37
rumor has it someMAS f/o service terminated for disciplinary reaseons joining Airasia. good promotion to captains. any truth?

strapped2aprop
15th Jul 2009, 17:22
Gents anyone care to advise how many coconuts and bananas a flappy would be staring at?

azlee_19
16th Jul 2009, 13:33
Any newly joined FO will start with RM4k basic, RM 45 per flying hour. Do the math! It's low, but people do survive.