PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Engineer Salary

Grambo
5th Jun 2009, 19:00
Whats the mean? Potential income?

Also, is the demand also poor?

Im expecting something less than pilots obviously but I dont know how low...

Perhaps, you could share your knowledge.

boeing_eng
5th Jun 2009, 20:24
Take a look at:

Salary Survey 2007 / 2008 - Aircraft Engineers Bulletin Board (http://www.airmech.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)

Plenty of info there!

MrFixer!!!
5th Jun 2009, 23:40
It all depends on what kind of company you are in?? whether in an MRO or an Airline?? Some companies pay you for Each Type Rating/kind of Approval you hold.....some companies pay a lump-sum in a grade system....fixed wing with full B1 or B2 decent is around 40-45K (with allowances)....which I would believe is equal/more than the F/O's but less than the captains (Obviously) !!! Again it all depends on the company and their Pay structure!!!

smudgethecat
7th Jun 2009, 17:37
Average B1/2 lineys at our place are on around 50k plus overtime

rwm
7th Jun 2009, 18:04
I have earned more than the pilots at several companies I have worked at. Contract rates are higher than employee rates, but you have less security and no benifits. I also have noticed an increase of available work recently, compaired to the past 8 - 12 months due to the global economies.

Grambo
8th Jun 2009, 20:46
Higher figures than I expected tbh...

Do - those who are engineers - you, enjoy the career?

Also, do you need a degree or is an apprenticeship fine?

3/8
9th Jun 2009, 04:15
grambo,The job itself is very interesting at times and can really test your abilities. no two days are ever the same! you can if you chose work anywhere in the world, have a decent living etc.The downside is unsociable working hours and lack of recogniton from management (we seem to be an unnecessary cost to them).And no you do not need a degree to join an aprenticeship.

spannerbearer
9th Jun 2009, 06:34
Never enough:}

boeing_eng
9th Jun 2009, 09:18
The career is varied, rewarding, challenging and quite often frustrating!

But don't expect these quoted salaries to grace your bank account until some time after completing an apprenticeship etc. You will spend a long time studying for licenses and type courses (as well gaining the all-important experience)

Its worth the slog in the end!:ok: