PDA

View Full Version : 36 Helicopter pilots

mickjoebill
5th Jun 2009, 17:02
"Home" the all aerial environmental movie, had its premier last night in France is now available online for free.

YouTube - HOME (English with subtitles) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU&feature=featured)

The first all aerial movie?

36 helicopter pilots credited, now thats a record!

Mickjoebill
ps sorry can't embed the movie within the post as it has been disabled for this movie.

birrddog
5th Jun 2009, 18:43
Wow, I wonder what kind of helicopter they used for that opening shot of the Earth from space? :E

bolkow
6th Jun 2009, 15:20
Had to be a lama, they're great for high altitudes! LOL

MightyGem
6th Jun 2009, 20:13
Take the time to watch it guys. An absolutely stunning and thought provoking film.

Sky Bear
6th Jun 2009, 22:25
Does anyone know if you are going to be able to buy a blu-ray dvd of this film?

spencer17
6th Jun 2009, 23:19
Thanks for the link.
A remarkable and fascinating footage.

mickjoebill
7th Jun 2009, 01:44
Does anyone know if you are going to be able to buy a blu-ray dvd of this film?

Yes blue ray is available.
Do a search using terms "Home" and "Yann" Here is one vendor who appears to have it for US$19. (It is a non profit movie)

Blu-ray.com - HOME Blu-ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=5261)
You can download a 720p version for free using a bit torrent application.
File size is 1.3GB.

Blue ray will be better resolution than 720p, which is important due to the very high level of detail in all the pics.

Since there are no licence issues it will be a very handy video to own to demo helicopter flight and it will look superb on large screen in a reception area.

Mickjoebill

Heli-phile
7th Jun 2009, 02:17
Truly wonderful footage in brilliant HD. What an awesome Gig!!, get large multinationals to sponsor helicopter charters around the worlds most stunning Sceneary (not sure how they missed New Zealand though?????) and of course get the same multinationals to 'buy' the carbon offset then you get paid to film it, edit it and then spend the next few years again flying around the world telling every one how bad is it for the environment to fly???

I suppose regardless of whether you 'believe' in Global warminig or you just think its normal cyclical climate change doing its thing, this footage is still wonderful. If like me you find the narration really annoying (a whiney /handringing female, east coast american accent!! ) you can just turn the sound off and enjoy the sceneary!!

photography 10/10:ok:
narration 1/10:mad:

ADRidge
7th Jun 2009, 04:20
That's exactly what I did. Amazing how those wonderful scenes go with good music!

IntheTin
7th Jun 2009, 05:53
Bloody hell. "This video not available in your country" :ugh:

Sky Bear
7th Jun 2009, 09:25
thanks for the info MJB its a shame that you cant download a 1080P version. Fantastic imagery though truly makes you want to go fly more of the globe.