PDA

View Full Version : DFO update, save yourself the trouble

ALPHA FLOOR
4th Jun 2009, 12:55
Herewith the headlines -

Oil $65, Swine flu Bad bad bad bad, Revenue never before levels, the sky is falling - we are never going to make it - Bla bla bla!

AFL

broadband circuit
4th Jun 2009, 15:25
You forgot:

"There's no money in freight"

"Front end yields have softened dramatically"

feel free to add more.

12wheeler
4th Jun 2009, 16:46
"We need to preserve cash.................... so that we can pay the hugh management bonus this year.:}"

"We are seriously overmanned ...................... but we will solve the problem by asking everyone to work beyond 55! :confused:"

SFGDOG
5th Jun 2009, 00:47
"We are being prosecuted by yet another country for price fixing and we will have to pay an exorbitant fine as part of a plea deal so that one of the management team (the best in the world) will not have to do jail time. On this basis we will need to ask you all to take another 6 weeks of SLS":\

Frogman1484
5th Jun 2009, 02:21
...with the stronger USD our yields are going down in our outports, but now with the weaker USD our yields are going down in Hong Kong!!!!....:ok:

Frogman1484
5th Jun 2009, 02:23
oh yes how can I forget!

We have hedged our fuel at a too high level and therefore we are loosing money hand over fist. Now that the oil has gone up, we are also loosing money hand over fist...

The Wraith
5th Jun 2009, 02:40
How do they show their smug faces whilst drinking coffee in "the street" knowing that they are despised to a man? Oh yes, I forgot, unprecedented levels of self love and arrogance.:ugh:

Sqwak7700
5th Jun 2009, 03:18
...knowing that they are despised...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the majority do not despise them. Just look at how many agreed to SLS, something like 95%, right? And I don't know how many signed on to CO08, but it seems like a lot more than was originally quoted by the AOA.

They have a 95% approval rating, so how does that equate to despise?

ALPHA FLOOR
5th Jun 2009, 03:34
Squawk7700- Speaking for my self: my "acceptance" of the SLS scheme by no means that I give "management" a thumbs up. The fact that I "agreed" to the said SLS is due to a multitude of factors amongst others a training file and upcoming command - I was told my training manager that it is expected of me to partake in the scheme and he recommends that I do so...... In some corners of the world one might say that that is a threat, in this instance I suggest that you draw your own conclusions. But do not for a second think that I endorse nor believe the negative BS propaganda that is shoveled out weekly by Mr. Quin's well educated pen.

Further more I live in hope albeit a small that in Q3 & Q4 we may actually do reasonably well enough for a refund of said SLS (take note NR) like we got from DT.

AFL

FOCX
5th Jun 2009, 04:43
I think Sqwak's interpretation of the voting places his location somewhere other than the 3rd rock from the sun, please update!

Sqwak7700
5th Jun 2009, 05:35
AF...

... excuses, excuses. :hmm:

Regardless of which way you cut it, accepting SLS was a vote of confidence on their managing style. You don't need to defend your decision, you should applaud it. You looked after yourself and that is what counts, regardless of what part of the world you live / work in.

I am of the opinion that collectively we are much stronger than individually. But I am also a realist, and the high rate of SLS volunteers proves that we will never be collective in any issue, no matter what.

So you did what was in your interest, based solely on benefit that came to you - ie, finishing your course without repercussions. That failure would have no impact on anyone but yourself. You are not alone, there are at least another 2200 pilots that felt like you did. Congratulations, you are among the majority.

I felt that SLS was bad for me, so I voted no. You could say that I don't care about my fellow pilots, and that is why I chose to not "chip in". You would be correct. :hmm:

Air Profit
5th Jun 2009, 13:08
Swak7700...that is a ridiculous statement. The reason that the company recieved 90+ percent acquiencense on the SLS was due to one single reason...INTIMIDATION. It is no more a validation of the company's management than the Russians obsequiously praising Stalin when he came to visit their villages. Cathay does not manage using any type of 'consensus management' system, they operate using victimisation, intimidation, ignorance and fear. Something to be proud of. Please don't 'credit' them where none is due. You may want to stick your head under the blanket and say...'see, the monster is gone'...but guess what,...the monster is still in the frigging room...and will be for the rest of your career (small c btw).

Flap10
5th Jun 2009, 13:44
The reason that the company recieved 90+ percent acquiencense on the SLS was due to one single reason...INTIMIDATION

So I suppose the mighty dollar is more important than pride, honor, dignity and self respect!

Corny
5th Jun 2009, 15:31
...leaving only 122 pilots (or 4.9% of the total crew community) who were unwilling or unable to join the scheme.

He probably could've said 5%, but somehow 4.9% seems a bit more interesting. Where have I seen those numbers (4 and 9) before...

Ah those poor saps that said no to SLS, good luck to them!

Flap10
6th Jun 2009, 01:37
4.9% seems a bit more interesting. Where have I seen those numbers (4 and 9) before...
Ah those poor saps that said no to SLS, good luck to them!

Ooohhh really scary stuff Corny!!! But it's okay you're safe little girl, just don't forget to kneel every time N.R. and T.T. walk by! :yuk::yuk:

geh065
6th Jun 2009, 04:14
I pay my taxes but it does not mean I endorse the way the government operates.

Composite Man
6th Jun 2009, 04:41
Oil prices low...bad for hedging losses!
Oil prices high....bad for profits!
US dollar high...bad for yields!
US dollar low....bad for something!

It doesn't matter what happens to the world economy these guys will always find a negative spin for it...even in years of record profit. I would like to know what price they budgeted for oil this year. Anything under US$70 a barrell and they would have been crazy. If they did budget at $70 a barrell it means they are on budget for fuel and they negate a lot of their hedging losses.

Also remember that in Singapore this week TT said that while things are bad, CX is still able to finance all their upcoming aircraft orders....meaning we have plenty of cash on hand and we are in pretty good shape.

hongkongfooey
6th Jun 2009, 09:04
" Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees........... "

Anon

PatObrien
6th Jun 2009, 09:40
".......beggin'.................and I ain't much for beggin'"

Pathos
6th Jun 2009, 15:52
SLS was an intelligence test for the pilot body and it showed just that.
There's a body but no brains.
:ouch:

ALPHA FLOOR
7th Jun 2009, 06:01
And there goes another thread