PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh

Scion
3rd Jun 2009, 20:45
Anyone going to Oshkosh this year, the exchange rate is getting better?
If so is there an Oz engineer going at all?

Established Localiser
17th Jul 2009, 22:10
I'm going !! :ok:

But I'm no engineer ! soz

EL

Horatio Leafblower
17th Jul 2009, 22:31
Cessnock Aircraft Maint's Chief Engineer is going... but more for wine, women and song than for hairyplanes :ok: :}

triadic
19th Jul 2009, 00:13
Not going this year... went last year when it was 97cents.

As one that has been a number of times.... rule one...
stay the full week... (you still will not see it all!!)

If u are a first timer, find the international tent, sign in as a visitor and find out when the international visitors night is on... Free beer and BBQ (American style).

Have done it different ways, but always worth hiring a car ex ORD or wherever for the week. Having somewhere to stash your goodies during the day at the show is worth it alone! Shop around for rental car deals at ORD. You will not get a car at OSH and would be lucky at Milwaukee.

have fun!:ok::ok::):)

Grogmonster
19th Jul 2009, 04:18
SCION,

Ring Tony Brand at Horsham. I think it is Horsham Aviation. He is an excellent engineer and he used to go every year.

Groggy

Scion
19th Jul 2009, 20:37
Thanks Grogmonster but I think our problem is solved. We needed someone to sign off 2 aeroplanes we are bringing to Oahkosh in a 40ft container. There was some damage on the trip but that seems OK at present and the bloke on the field will sign them off as long as we put the big wings at the front.

Anyone going look for the Vh reg aeroplanes either in the vintage area or the "fly for life" exhibit and make yourself known to us.