PDA

View Full Version : Avantair pilots

classicart
2nd Jun 2009, 05:55
Hi all,

would like to get in contact with avanti pilots who are or have presently/recently flown for avantair

-what are conditions like at that company
-hiring minima
-pilot recruitment process etc

thanks a lot

SNS3Guppy
2nd Jun 2009, 23:35
Maintenance less than stellar, stifled upgrade presently, and no improvement over the past few years in pushing pilots and pushing aircraft more than they should. The airplanes do stay busy, however.

Currently don't plan on an upgrade for up to two years. The standard has been one year, but progression has slowed.

chongololo
3rd Jun 2009, 16:31
Read this: http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/fractional/39708-review-avantair.html

SNS3Guppy
3rd Jun 2009, 20:15
Several times attempts have been made to start unions, and the company (Avantair) invented all sorts of false charges to use as grounds for firing those they suspected of being involved.

The first post of the thread referenced above is quite accurate, despite what many others in the thread later claim.

It's also quite true that management at Avantair reads threads in which their employees post...and punishes the employees accordingly. The thread referenced above mentions another web site, "flightinfo." Avantair fired employees for posting on that site privately.

Good companies have no need of that kind of behavior.

flyingchief
12th Jun 2009, 20:32
any chance ya'll know where to dwnload flight manuals for avanti II besides smartcockpit.com? I need EP's NP's ad limits.....anyone?
thank you:D

169west
29th Apr 2010, 07:38
... anybody knows the package deal for DEC or DEFO?thnks

SNS3Guppy
2nd May 2010, 20:46
Are you sure you're not thinking of Cathay?

glasspilot
31st May 2010, 14:25
Not sure what SNS3s experience is with Avantair but as a current pilot there I don't agree with his assessment.

Maintenance is fine, things get fixed. I've been there for four years and his post is the first I've heard of any unionization attempt. Since that point is false it's illogical to think pilots have been fired for trying to start a union. At least in the past four years that I've been here.

As to the OP of that other forum...well, I'm biased but my opinion is he had an axe to grind due to his not upgrading on HIS timeline.

I've flown airline and freight and this is my first gig flying corporate and this is by far the best I've been treated. I'm not management, just a guy flying the line and I don't guzzle the cool-aid either. When I think the company is wrong I call them on it. AB payscale comes to mind. They moved toward starting one and I screamed on the forums about it. Now it's gone.

Anyway, it might not be an ideal fit for everyone, but for me, I like the flying and the company treats us fair at Avantair.

gp