PDA

View Full Version : Introvert vs Extrovert

Grambo
1st Jun 2009, 21:27
Who gets the job?

Which is the more common for a pilot to be??

EGCC4284
1st Jun 2009, 22:55
Stable Extrovert

victorc10
1st Jun 2009, 23:13
I have met all sorts, one in particular comes to mind who probably should be in an asylum.

Mrs-rodge-bless-her
1st Jun 2009, 23:33
Extrovert.... stable!

Makes sense....:ok:

adverse-bump
2nd Jun 2009, 10:08
thats all CRM SH*T!

what good will it do you, you cant walk into an interview and say hi im a stable extrovert!

and trust me, just because they are considered the best 'type' of personality doesnt mean there the only ones who gets jobs, i work with all different types of personality everyday, and for the most part, as long as you stick to SOP's it makes no difference.

EGCC4284
2nd Jun 2009, 10:22
Part of the selection process I went through. Thats what they where looking for.

Otto Throttle
2nd Jun 2009, 20:56
Whichever one has the greatest capacity for whingeing. :}

G SXTY
2nd Jun 2009, 21:39
Trust me, they're not looking at you across the interview table thinking; "Is he a stable introvert?"

They're thinking; "Could I stand 8 hours locked in a flightdeck with this guy?"

mad_jock
3rd Jun 2009, 08:57
HR bird is probably sitting there thinking introvert, extrovert who cares as long as they arn't perverts like the rest of them.

Superpilot
3rd Jun 2009, 09:25
They're thinking; "Could I stand 8 hours locked in a flightdeck with this guy?"

True but they should be thinking:

"Is 1 hour really enough to guage if I could stand 8 hours locked in a flightdeck with this guy?"

More often than not, that's how total tits end up in the cockpit (or any work place for that matter) in the first place! :{

INNflight
3rd Jun 2009, 11:02
Introvert or extrovert........ as long as they pay for line training - doesn't matter

:E :}

Adios
3rd Jun 2009, 20:04
Introvert or extravert is one of the easiest things to discover with a psychometric and it's not particularly hard to discover the general tilt from an interview along with reading a CV or even a list of hobbies and interests. I'd say it doesn't matter which you are so long as you are not at either extreme end of the continuum. An extreme introvert would be pretty boring for 8 hours, but an extreme extravert would probably drive you bonkers halfway through 8 hours and forget having a sterile flight deck with a jaw jacker!