PDA

View Full Version : Virgin at EMA?

pilotpj
29th May 2001, 19:48
I noticed what I thought was a Virgin Atlantic A340 doing circuits at EMA today. Is this normal? I have only seen bmi and cargo companies doing this here before. Just interested really!

Thanks
PJ

Desk Driver
29th May 2001, 19:51
Just a guess but I would imagine some sort of training.

------------------
-------------------------
You fly em we'll fill em!

BOEINGBOY1
29th May 2001, 20:32
ema offers one of, if not the lowest base training fee's in the UK for multiple approaches. togeather with a 10'000ft runway and good taxiways makes it an ideal place for training. i have been there many times myself training and found the ATC folks very helpful also. I have seen virgin, ba, bm and another uk charter airline other than my own there.

------------------
IT'S BETTER TO BE ON THE GROUND, WISHING YOU WERE IN THE AIR - THAN IT IS TO BE IN THE AIR, WISHING YOU WERE ON THE GROUND !

Electric Sky
29th May 2001, 23:19
Virgin A340 training for several hours today at EMA. They are one of the most regular visitors with these aircraft although not with the 747s. As BOEINGBOY said EMA caters for lots of training requirements from the likes of bmi,Virgin,Monarch,Easyjet.

RE5CUE
29th May 2001, 23:29
floated a bloody long way on that third touch and go didnt I ?

crewrest
30th May 2001, 01:52
Why doesn't the 747 go to EMA then Electric Sky?

By the way re5cue, they don't get any better even after 6 hours in the bunk :)

Wycombe
30th May 2001, 02:38
crewrest

Seems the VS jumbos like MSE (Manston) more than East Mids. One was circuit-bashing there a few days ago. Occasionally they use a large Oxfordshire airbase aswell (perhaps getting ready for when they take the place over!!).