PDA

View Full Version : A message to Lim Kim Hai

Thornatrex
1st Jun 2009, 12:38
When you give your staff little or no respect they tend to loose all respect for themselves and the outcome usually resembles the behavior recently displayed by cadets one, two and three in Wagga wagga.

Unfortunately the general response on the ground to these cadets has been “respect”! They have bigger balls than most of the pilot workforce at REX and have proved it.

Well done lads.

blueloo
1st Jun 2009, 12:56
I love these people specific posts....with some hidden meaning for the rest of us to decipher (and a hidden agenda for the poster).

So - please explain it for the rest of us - if you feel inclined - but I do suspect this thread will be locked before we will find out what you are on about

Keg
1st Jun 2009, 12:56
Very cryptic. You can't just throw it out there and leave us dangling!

Triple Captain
1st Jun 2009, 13:07
Sounds like he's screwed over the cadets aswell!

Mr. Hat
1st Jun 2009, 13:12
They have bigger balls than most of the pilot workforce at REX and have proved it.

Interesting. Do tell.

Sounds like gen y telling it like it is hey?

TheOtherGuy
1st Jun 2009, 14:17
If the three cadets got respect for their behaviour, there is something sadly wrong with REX employees. Like one of the cadets, they deserve to be dismissed. For anyone to condone a cadet urinating out of a car in front of females and for another cadet putting lives at risk by being a designated driver and then getting drunk and doing stunts in the carpark, beggars belief. How this can be distorted to be the fault of the chairman is breathtaking. Thornatrex - are you receiving help for your problems? Well done lads???? No wonder aviation management laughs at the fools.

Iron Bar
1st Jun 2009, 16:57
perhaps a "reread" of Thornatrex post is required. "well done lads" may have been a facetious comment????

Tie "unfortunately" and "respect" together.

Keg
1st Jun 2009, 22:22
Now that I re-read it the 'they' in the second para may refer to the ground staff rather than the cadets concerned?!?!

FGD135
1st Jun 2009, 23:29
Respect is something that must be earned. A lot of pilots don't realise it, but it is not something that you automatically get.

Thornatrex
1st Jun 2009, 23:58
Maybe when you spend two years telling your experienced staff that their experience is worthless and that a bunch of university students (cause lets face it that is indeed what cadets are) are going to be the saviors of the company, then eventually when said students act like students you should not be too surprised!

KRUSTY 34
2nd Jun 2009, 02:30
There may be more than one factor at work here Thornatrex. I do now however see where you're coming from.

The Cadets have been put on a pedestal from day one. An extohlation of their virtues by management while at the same time pointing out the "deficiencies of the "off the streat guys" during the first SAAB groundschool, probably says as much about REX management's unshakable faith in thier own decision making, as to what the company hope's the cadets will ultimately become.

The second factor of course is the normal youthful, and predominately male, testoserone fueled, phenomenon of risk taking. No doubt magnified by the fact that the current group of Cadets not only lack industy experience, but life experience as well.

Add these two together, and you have a child that "Mummy and Daddy" (REX) says can do no wrong, and the illusion of youth that say's "I am invincible".

Dangerous combination for an airline pilot!:=

Wiley
2nd Jun 2009, 03:30
I have to admit, Thorhatrex, that your first post was too cryptic for me, and gave me the impression that you were congratulating the cadets for standing up to management on a point of principle when the rest of Rex staff rolled over. (Obviously, like some other readers, my ironymeter was inop. at the time.)

Old Fart Pedant alert::ugh::ugh::ugh: You lose something, or something is loose, or you set something loose - but you don't loose something, (or, in 'oldspeak', that will mean nothing to any reader under the age of 55, 'lose' is a verb, or a 'doing word', while 'loose' is an adverb, or a 'descriptive word'). That extra 'o' is creeping into everyday use so often now it's almost becoming accepted. Almost.

Back to the thread: with all the Political Correctness that's being rammed down our throats by the 'medja' today and the utterly blameless behaviour demanded of anyone even remotely in the public eye , I wonder how many of us Old Farts in our youth would have survived the kind of scrutiny that cell phone cameras provide in recording any misbehaviour for all to see?

Pretzal
2nd Jun 2009, 04:58
Mate you do us a great disservice by paying respect to the wayward cadets and claiming they are standing up to LKH. That is a link that is as big a stretch as I've ever heard. I think you should remove this thread as it is very counter-productive to what we are trying to achieve. Your ideas dont represent mine or that of other REX pilots and making martyrs out of these cadets is like saying Paris Hilton is a great role model. Please be of sound mind before posting such dribble purporting to represent staff sentiment...

teresa green
2nd Jun 2009, 05:47
Sounds like a normal day for the young GA pilots in DRW!