PDA

View Full Version : Firefox bookmark "Irritation"

7AC
1st Jun 2009, 07:44
When I click on Bookmarks for the first time after opening Firefox a window opens
asking me do I want to bookmark this current page. I then have to click cancel in
order to get to my bookmarks. It only happens at the first clicking of the Bookmarks
tab and doesn't happen anymore for the current session.
Does anybody how to stop this? I've tried Google and Mozilla to no avail.

green granite
1st Jun 2009, 07:50
Annoying aint it? but mine has stopped doing it now but I didn't do any thing to make it stop. As a matter of interest what OS and FF version are you using? I'm on W7 and FF3.5.

7AC
1st Jun 2009, 12:37
G.G. I have Windows XP, Service Pack 3 and Firefox 3.0.10.

tony draper
1st Jun 2009, 14:26
My firefox bookmarks are totally porked now,ie I click to bookmark a URL, it goes through the motions but no new bookmark appears on the list,very annoying.
:suspect:
Never had a single prob with the first version of Firefox,wish they would leave things alone.

Diesel Fitter
1st Jun 2009, 14:36
Agreed Drapes - they've taken what was a functioning totally intuitive system into a netherworld of clicks and cancels that has me totally bewildered.:ugh:

bnt
1st Jun 2009, 16:48
Another thing you can do, to get to your bookmarks, is hit Ctrl-B to bring up the Bookmarks sidebar. Personally, I put nearly all bookmarks under the Bookmarks Toolbar folder, so I don't need to go to the menu or sidebar.

Selfloading
1st Jun 2009, 18:21
Yeah I had a similar problem, solved it by disabling a realplayer add on.

7AC
1st Jun 2009, 19:08
Any idea which one?

Selfloading
1st Jun 2009, 19:21
I think it was called the "Realplayer download add on" or something like that, just have a browse through your firefox add ons if it's there you should spot it :ok:

7AC
1st Jun 2009, 21:04
Selfloading you were on the button.
It was "Real Player Browser Record Plugin".
I owe you a pint, thank you.
7AC

tony draper
1st Jun 2009, 21:11
If this add on is removed will the machine no longer play real player clips ie youtube stuff? or is realplayer elsewhere on your puter?
:confused:

Avtrician
2nd Jun 2009, 00:16
Drapes,

I dont use realplayer, and I can still use youtube.

bnt
2nd Jun 2009, 01:01
Ah - didn't know about those. When I was using Windows, I got rid of RealPlayer years ago. Ditto for Apple QuickTime. Each is borderline "malware" that infiltrates itself in to all corners of your installation, reports what you're doing, and generally gets in the way. You don't need them for YouTube or anything like that: the last site I saw using RealPlayer was the BBC. You can still view the relevant media with Real Alternative and QuickTime Alternative.

Loose rivets
2nd Jun 2009, 02:47
Yes, I had the same problem as Drapes. I hadn't made the link between Real-player and this occurrence.

I had removed it because it really smelled of trouble, but then...

the last site I saw using RealPlayer was the BBC.

I thought, BBC, must be okay if they 'use' it.

It ain't coming near my new Win 7 machine.:}

Selfloading
2nd Jun 2009, 05:55
Selfloading you were on the button.
It was "Real Player Browser Record Plugin".
I owe you a pint, thank you.
7AC

No worries :ok: