PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air

CAVnotOK
1st Jun 2009, 07:15
I see that Korean are still actively recruiting.
I have the info packs from 2 of the agencies, but if anyone out there is currently flying for Korean, or has in the past I would be very interested in all further info that you have to offer.
Is it possible or likely to get rostered to your designated home port to allow additional days at home? How are they overall to work for?? What are the guys generally like to fly with??
Thanks for any insights in advance.

stratoduck
13th Jun 2009, 21:10
I had an interview planned with Korean Airlines back in December. I was given instructions and record locators for my flights to and from ICN. When I arrived at the airport, I was informed that I had been (incorrectly) booked space available, and not space positive. The flight was full, and I was unable to get on. Since it was the weekend, there wasn't anyone available to assist me in Korea, and the broker in the U.S. wasn't available either.

On the following week, the broker re-submitted my paperwork and we were expecting me to be in the interview group for the following month.

I was not invited back for an interview, nor have I ever been contacted again by KAL. Obviously I am very disappointed with the hiring department at Korean Airlines. They made the mistake, and I suffered the consequences.

If you are to interview with KAL, please check that you are listed "nosub", and I would also recommend checking in the day prior.