PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans & Heli Surface permit

Pilot.Pete
31st May 2009, 11:14
I was thinking about flying (instead of driving) down to Le Mann’s for the 24 race in a few weeks.

But as I understand it I need a heli surface permit to land off airfield.
I had a search for it on the internet and PPrune but the info is quite old.

Can I get an application form on line or do I still need to ring up and have it faxed to me?
Is this still the email address for them?
[email protected]

How much is the permit and how long does it last?
And finally how long did it take to come though?

Thanks chaps
Peter

sycamore
31st May 2009, 11:29
about 3 months ,if you are lucky...

JTobias
31st May 2009, 12:58
PM me and I will e-mail you a blank one.

I have recently applied for one and received a quick response - regrettably to tell me that I had forgotten to date and sign it !! :ugh:- which I have now done.

A few weeks ago I want to the South of France without one and although all the places we landed, except one, were airfields I was told you will never get asked to produce it.

I am not encouraging you to take that as gospel, nor to travel without one, but there are other threads on here that will say you are unlikeley to ever need one.

There is no cost and they can be issued for up to 10 years I believe.

Joel
www.jetbox.wordpress.com (http://www.jetbox.wordpress.com)

Jackboot
31st May 2009, 21:14
The Heli Surfaces Permit is beaurocracy gone crazy. You only need to check out the questions to realise this - plain daft.

Le Mans ( luv your spelling of it btw:ok:) is a great destination. The museum on site is well worth a visit.

JB

JTobias
31st May 2009, 21:22
Agreed

They wanted to know how many kids I have and my wife's occupation!

Pathetic

Joel:ok:

Brilliant Stuff
1st Jun 2009, 21:54
I believe the heli club of GB have had a different experience and would highly recommend that you have a surface permit as well as all those pesky customs papers.

Runway101
2nd Jun 2009, 06:27
They wanted to know how many kids I have and my wife's occupation!

If you have kids then you are a reliable person and you won't do anything stupid while your helo is parked in the woods. And they need to know your wife's occupation to see if she could pay up in case you would still go ahead and do something stupid :E

Pilot.Pete
2nd Jun 2009, 06:31
Thanks guys & Joel form recived.

Pete

JTobias
2nd Jun 2009, 22:07
Great

No probs

Joel:ok:

B47
27th Nov 2009, 13:39
I'm looking into how practical it is to fly in to Le Mans 24hr next year. Can you land close to the circuit? A boy's trip, so happy to camp next to my machine. Is this possible and are the landing fees reasonable (i.e. not Silverstone rates)? If you have flown in here before, any advice would be much appreciated.

Need money
27th Nov 2009, 14:04
I found Silverstone very reasonable - except on F1 days :ok:

(it was free and I was the only heli that day - for the Renault WorldSeries)

EESDL
27th Nov 2009, 17:49
Talk to the friendly guys at Jet Systems - in-situ Chopper company.
They 'handled' us for the 7 days we were there last year and gave us the code for the side gate to the track entrance.
Don't think I'll be going this year......

21lefthand
27th Nov 2009, 18:09
Bell 47

The circuit borders the airfield. I'm hoping to fly down this year as the last two years I have been between helicopters each Le Mans weekend and had to drive. Never flown in before myself either.

gedney
17th Sep 2015, 12:59
Does anyone have a vaild email address to which I can send an application for a French Helisurfaces Permit? I've tried a couple of addresses, including the one at the top of this thread, and they just bounce back to me,

Merci beaucoup

colinharris
17th Sep 2015, 13:25
Had the same issue a few months back. After a few calls we finally got the correct contact details. Even though I emailed the application they still required the hard copy to be posted for the permit to be issued. Took about 3 months for the permit to come back. Hope it helps.

email: [email protected]

Postal Address and contact to send hard copy:

Préfecture de Police
Attention Madame MEDJEBEUR
12/14 quai de Gesvres
75004 Paris
France.

Phone: +33 1 49 96 30 94

gedney
17th Sep 2015, 16:31
Brilliant, thanks a lot