PDA

View Full Version : Lion Air 747-400

Lee
29th May 2009, 07:49
Does any one know where else would Lion Air use the 747-400 besides the Jeddah route?

Thank you.

Flying Mechanic
29th May 2009, 13:23
I think if they are clever they would target europe, who tourist potential for the country, and with garuda still baned from europe its theres for the taking.

Jimmy Do Little
29th May 2009, 17:48
LION AIR - We Make People Fly (http://www.lionair.co.id/ourfleet.aspx)

747?

barrybeebone
30th May 2009, 00:43
Flying mechanic

All Indonesian airlines are banned from EU. So Lion will not be able to start a Europe route. I think they bought the 747 in anticipation of the EU lifting its ban. Media speculation has been about the ban lifting sometime this year.

Not sure if it will happen but Lion are gambling on it.

The only other place they could probably use a 747 is on Bali routes to Australia but to do that now would create too much excess capacity.

mutt
30th May 2009, 08:02
The only other place they could probably use a 747 I would expect them to use it on the Middle East routes, lots of religious traffic, migrant workers etc, much safer bet as the demand for these services is constant.

Mutt

sayap-patah
30th May 2009, 18:07
congratulation for lion air, i just saw they their B744 in KLIA, i think just finished painting , ready for delivery. Good job in this tough condition.:ok:

mutt
31st May 2009, 16:16
:ok::ok::ok: Told you so...........

Mutt

BBN RADAR
31st May 2009, 22:17
From the Lion Air website:

With the latest addition of the Boeing 737-900ER into Lion Air’s fleet, it will enable the airline to offer more non-stop flights with affordable fares to more destinations.

The newest member of the Next Generation B737 family, this is the most advanced single aisle commercial airplane in the world. It carries up to 213 passengers in a single-class configuration and it weighs 9,550 pounds (4,340kg)......

Wow! :8 They must have even used composites for the gear if they got the weight down that low! :E

sayap-patah
4th Jun 2009, 11:15
are we talking about 737 or 747 here????...please use another threat....

PK-KAR
5th Jun 2009, 09:48
CGK-JED
CGK-MES
and I hear they're applying for Japan routes.
There are also rumours of them applying a Lion Air Saudi Arabia to fly JED-Europe to connect with the CGK-JED.
DOmesticwise, apart from MES, we strongly suspect CGK-SUB and CGK-DPS.

Garuda has already rescheduled the NRT route to use the newly acquired Hainan A332 to go CGK-NRT and DPS-NRT dailies (if I saw it correctly) to optimize that route and lock out Lion's attempted entry.
Garuda has started using A333 on some CGK-MES and CGK-BPN and CGK-UPG due to better yields and send the 738s on several Asian routes.

I am told that Batavia Air has also signed for A330s, likely to be 2 A332 initially, with more later up to 6 (incl 333)... guess where they're going to fly?
CGK-JED
CGK-MES (this appears to be pure retaliatory defence of it's own CGK-MES route)
CGK-MDC (this is to pre-empt a retaliation by Lion Air for Batavia's application of the 332 on the CGK-MES, which we suspect will cause a mess for Lion).
Other routes for the unsigned batch of 330s will likely be CGK-SUB and CGK-DPS. Batavia is really after bashing Lion's 744.
We could also see CGK-BPN getting 330 service by Batavia after their upper segment on this route got swallowed by Garuda's 330).

Back to Lion... someone appears to have gotten one route proposal by a charterer and gave it to them... my friends aren't happy and neither am I :=:*:ugh::}

alexmcfire
5th Jun 2009, 21:37
What about the Hadjj traffic, could they fill upp an B744 and make a profit doing that?

barrybeebone
6th Jun 2009, 01:30
Batavia operating A330's on domestic routes! That is interesting. Garuda serves Balikpapan 20-30 times or more per week, as do many others. If the A330 gamble pays off then this will force Garuda to shift their 737's to other new routes.

SomewhereOverHere
21st Jun 2009, 16:39
I see Batavia have now formally announced CGK-JED 5 times weekly from August. Just in time for Ramadan.

I believe Lion plan to use the 747 to Riyadh, but also heard mention of Australia and China.

Seems they all think JED is such a lucrative market and will soak up however much capacity they throw at it.

For domestics yes SUB and DPS would be the logical choices.

PK-KAR
21st Jun 2009, 17:07
Lion to Australia seems unlikely in the near future, it's only been a few months since CASA is rumoured to have rejected Lion Air's application to fly to Australia on safety grounds. News I got from inside, things haven't changed much in Lion since.

mutt
21st Jun 2009, 17:24
Seems they all think JED is such a lucrative market and will soak up however much capacity they throw at it. Try buying a seat on that route for the next 6 months!!! Its next to impossible.

Mutt