PDA

View Full Version : Petroleum Air Services (PAS)

rileyemi
27th May 2009, 11:37
Any Takers Have not heard of them before.
I see there are looking.

spinwing
27th May 2009, 11:53
Mmm...

Be nice if the rest of us knew what you were on about?

:confused:

quichemech
27th May 2009, 12:02
For what and where?

There is a PAS in the UK, they have the odd contract in the middle east.

So ?

expatron
27th May 2009, 14:14
PAS is a government company in Egypt, I advise you guys to stay away from them, all the expats pilots left the company few years ago except but 2 or 3 guys.
Management= sucks
Maintenance= sucks
Safety= What's that?
Roster= As an expat pilot you can expect no days off during your 6 weeks and you'll be in the roster the next morning you got Cairo and you'll be flying the same day you supposed to go home (jet-lag :oh:)
Accomodation= Good
Annual Salary Increase= Based on your basic salary (about 150 bucks per year)

PM me if you need more info,
:yuk:

Trans Lift
27th May 2009, 16:07
Heard a lot of bad things about them from other guys that have done their IR's with them. Being badly prepared for the IR, guys failing because of it, etc, etc.

jockspice
27th May 2009, 16:35
So which PAS are we talking about here then?

winchman
27th May 2009, 17:21
'Heard a lot of bad things about them from other guys that have done their IR's with them. Being badly prepared for the IR, guys failing because of it, etc, etc.'

Hardly going to be a glowing referance from someone that failed is it?:ugh:

From someone that past with PAS training, i'd truely recommend them :D

GIZZAJOB
27th May 2009, 17:29
Knowing they are called police aviation services not air services might have helped

Trans Lift
27th May 2009, 17:42
True but when 3 people who have already got FAA IR's, over a thousand hours each and have instructed for over a year all fail within two or three weeks of each other, I'd have to question them.

Sorry, AVIATION services!!!!!!!!!!!!:ugh:

jockspice
27th May 2009, 17:43
So is the PAS concerned the Police Aviation Service and, if so, are they looking for people? To fly for them I mean, not searching in the countryside for ne'er do wells!:}

thecontroller
27th May 2009, 20:55
True but when 3 people who have already got FAA IR's, over a thousand hours each and have instructed for over a year all fail within two or three weeks of each other, I'd have to question them.

Mmm.. not really. JAA IR is different, and harder. And instructing for 1,000+ hours doesn't mean you're automatically good at IFR flying. Also, having an FAA IR can be a disadvantage, as you may have learnt to do things a different way, and it also puts pressure on you to convert to JAA IR in the minimum hours.

jemax
27th May 2009, 21:32
Don't neccessarily agree it's harder having done both, flying the FAA test floppy stick is no walk in the park. They are just different.

But what there is is a heap load more pressure, if you fail the JAA in a twin it's probably around £4k minimum for a retest, Faa it's a couple of hours at $250 per hour.

The extra financial pressure as a result really messes with peoples heads and makes it appear much, much harder, with significantly more pressure.

Enjoy

212man
27th May 2009, 23:09
Didn't take long to get off topic....

The original poster seems to be Australia based, so probably Police Aviation Services is not the company he refers to. A quick visit to the Petroleum Air Services website does not show any vacancies. I'm guessing he's seen an advert by PAS Aviation Services, who are a recruitment company. A quick look at their site shows several rotary vacancies - in SE Asia.

Anyway, back to the debate on FAA vs JAA...................:ugh:

HillerBee
27th May 2009, 23:17
Petroleum Air Services (Egypt) is looking for pilots they are advertising on their own site (at least yesterday) and several job sites. So he is probably talking about them.

212man
28th May 2009, 00:16
Ah, yes I see that now - I went straight to their 'careers' link before the home page fully loaded (the joys of living in a 512K world.) Strangely they don't put the vacancies there!

Phil77
28th May 2009, 00:32
Err, 212man:
On .::PAS::. (http://www.pas.com.eg/start_pas.htm) under "Career Opportunity"
you'll find the following (not sure if thats the job offer you guys are talking about, but it's there):

Helicopter Pilots

The minimum requirements for new hire Egyptian Air Force pilots:

ECAA Commercial Helicopter License.

ECAA Instrument Rating.

Total Time Helicopter 500 hrs.

Maximum Age 45 years.

Read, Write and Speak English

If interested kindly send your CV to: [email protected]

...horrible website btw.

212man
28th May 2009, 01:03
Phil,
exactly - that's what I saw when I first looked, which is why I said there didn't appear to be any recruiting for outside pilots (i.e. Non ex-Egyptian Air Force.) However, on the main page there is an advert with a qualifications link, for 206, 212, 412 and AW139 pilots with ICAO licences.

Phil77
28th May 2009, 01:41
ok, didn't get that from your post. sorry 'bout that! I eat my words :ok:

rileyemi
28th May 2009, 03:04
My apologies gentlemen, first of all thanks for all the incite from any and all companies that my be affiliated with the letters PAS, yes as some of you assumed it is Petroleum Air Service I was implying about.

I had heard of them years ago but do not and did not know any of my fellow aviators that had spent time with them.

Regards
Rileyemi

ScubaPilot77
16th Jun 2009, 16:50
Adverts for pilots for PAS have been popping up lately on JSfirm, etc. Would someone with recent PAS experience comment on living conditions and location, compensation, quality of the company and work environment, etc.? Thank you.

expatron
17th Jun 2009, 16:08
Living conditions = Good
Location= Alexandria (the best), Port said (Good hotel), Ras Shukeir (Desert Camp, not bad) The rest crappy places.
Compensation = sucks
Quality, safety, management= sucks

Cheers

told
8th Aug 2010, 09:18
:ugh: hi ...
looking for info about current registration and pictures of the two P.A.S. AW139s operated in Egypt.
Anyone can help me ?
Thanks a lot
Damiano

212_Nightdipper
31st Jul 2011, 09:21
PAS is looking for copilots....the ad its been in there for quite a while and seems that they can not fill the slot....:ooh:...any informations about the company?...

hueyracer
31st Jul 2011, 18:37
Most ads are online for months and years-after the positions have been filled...

It seems that most job pages and hiring agencies just keep pushing these ads up....

Savoia
12th May 2013, 07:40
Looking for info about current registration and pictures of the two P.A.S. AW139s operated in Egypt.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-oZ0bYz4ppCk/UY9Eif-h6VI/AAAAAAAANfE/YlVoyvoZpsY/w700-h431-no/aw139_su-cbv.jpg
PAS AW139 SU-CBV

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-pKcTeBV2x10/UY9Dgp-K97I/AAAAAAAANes/8Ncbw5TZ8b8/w720-h297-no/PAS+Bels.jpg
PAS Bells

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7346/8730112103_60f9ee6dcd_b.jpg
PAS AB412 SU-CBM

Given its interior fit, this 412 clearly carries a very special kind of bear! ;)

Can anyone educate me as to what the yellow device is which covers the 412's forward passenger window?

peterperfect
12th May 2013, 07:53
Savioa, its a liferaft. pp

stacey_s
12th May 2013, 07:56
Life raft, jettisonable from cockpit and cabin, replaces normal Quarter door, Bristow Mod.

Stacey

RVDT
12th May 2013, 07:56
And at a guess RP's dont get to sit in that one!

SilsoeSid
12th May 2013, 14:05
Egypt, Jet lag ???
That would depend on your homes' east-ness or west-ness ;)

Savoia
12th May 2013, 17:51
PP, Stacey .. grazie mille!

Are you aware of the standard procedure for jettisoning such door-mounted rafts?

P2/passenger responsibility?

Is there one on either side?

When would the P1 normally give the instruction to jettison the raft?

After being jettisoned must it be manually inflated (ie. by pulling a chord)?