PDA

View Full Version : Rumour of gunshots in BRU ??

Spirit Of Freedom
2nd Apr 2001, 23:57
Just heard and unconfirmed report - but from good airport source in BRU - of police activity on ramp and noise of gunshots. Have no more info. but It was reported to be near a BA or Brymon aircraft!!!

Anyone heard anything???

Spirit Of Freedom
3rd Apr 2001, 00:17
Just had an up-date.

It seems there was some sort of armed "hold up" / "robbery" on a Sabena aircraft (parked close to the BA aircraft) and the police/bandits may have exchanged fire.

The airport is just beginning to return to normal...

what a strange, but apparently true, story!

Capt Pit Bull
3rd Apr 2001, 14:50
Something similar happened about 6 months ago at BRU, a diamond heist IIRC.

I was also told of a shooting on the ramp at LUX several months ago, a contract hit apparently.

If this goes on I think I'd rather be issued with body armour than a yellow jacket ....

CPB

springbok449
3rd Apr 2001, 23:24
Seems to be routine in BRU as a few years ago a Swissair DC9 got some valuables stolen from its hold as it was actually lined up on the RWY, good security around the airport I'd say.

STR8CabinBoy
4th Apr 2001, 03:20
hi everybody

Well, yes, Itīs true, a few months back, Luxembourg Airport was target for a very nasty attack on a Brinks&Ziegler Money transport van. While they were unloading several million USD and other currencies from their van into a Crossair S2000 in the morning at 6 AM, a white van , which entered the airport area from across the runway through a fence, then over the main runway(appearently while a Cargolux 747 was just landing on that runway(I donīt know if this is true)) on to the crossair saab, were they started shooting immediately on the B&Z guys. They forced one of the LUXAIR Baggage handlers to unload everything from the plane into their van. Just then, the luxair catering truck with the trolleys for the saab arrived on scene, and they shooted at him as well. 2 minutes later, they disappeared again(over the runway) After changing cars, they shot 2 police officers at a streetīblockade, just to crash into an empty schoolbus a few hundred meters away. The police unfortunately managed to catch only one of the bad guys, and nthing of the money.

The result was a shocked crossair crew(especially the Capt. who was just standing outside the plane while it happened), one B&Z employee with a bullet in the stomach, one LUXAIR employee with a bullet in the leg, one policeman with a bullet in the stomach, and one policeman with a bullet in the head(he recovered already, he was really lucky).

I was just across the saab while it happened in the cabin of one of our B737īs preparing the cabin, as we heard the shots. was a scary experience.

BTW, the sabena plane that was robbed yesterday was just coming from a flight from Luxembourg.(was in the local radio today)

cheers