PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter taxi

ProM
27th May 2009, 09:42
I'm looking to hire a helicopter taxi, to go from somewhere in the Basingstoke to camberley area, to Hampton Court (for the flower show).

I've found a company called "Intelligent Air Charter" that seem to fit the bill. Anyone know of any others I should try?

(or if there is something i should know about the lot I have found please pm me )

Thanks

Brilliant Stuff
27th May 2009, 10:01
Fast @ Thruxton which is round the corner maybe. And no I do not work for them.

thecontroller
27th May 2009, 10:40
Never heard of them. Try Atlas helicopters, I think they are down that way. (I have no connection with them). Or Helicopter Services at High Wycombe.

ShyTorque
27th May 2009, 11:16
Been flying in the heli business down south for some years but I'd never heard of "Intelligent Air Charter" before your post.

So I looked them up - they are a broker, not a helicopter charter company in their own right.

SECRET SERVICE
27th May 2009, 15:16
Depends how much you wish to spend in relation to the heli charter.
You've got Starspeed and Premiair at Blackbushe. As stated Fast at Thruxton, London Helicopters at Redhill and Alan Mann at Fairoaks.

As the selected final destination venue - I'm not sure where one would /land helicopter in the Hampton Court Palace area? There's the "Royal" Bushey Park that sits just to the north of Hampton Court Palace with the river Thames adajcent to the south.

The only other thing I can imagine is a pre-arranged private landing site located nearby within easy reach. Mindyou, now I think mabout it I suppose Sandown race track could be a possibility? Only about 10 minutes away by road.

Secret Service

ppheli
28th May 2009, 04:29
Secret Service - you evidently have not tried doing the road trip from Sandown Park when the flower show is on! A better option is probably to land at Lensbury Club by Teddington Lock (on H3) and get a boat from there. Boats are used a lot to get people into the flower show.

puntosaurus
28th May 2009, 07:22
Or EBG at Redhill.

ProM
28th May 2009, 11:44
Thanks chaps. Unfortunately the landing site turns out to be the problem. Neither sanddown nor teddington followed by boat will do the trick, it would need to be a closer landing to work.

Thanks for trying though, and The landing at lensbury club was a good idea, one I hadn't though of

topcat28
28th May 2009, 14:21
You might try Kingston Grammar School. Their playing fields and boat club are just the other side of the river. Its walkable, or even better if you can get a boat accross the river.

They've definately had helicopters in before, and being a private school are always looking at ways to raise money...

Don't know who would be best to speak to. There is a full time fundraiser I gather. Or the burser, or perhaps the chap who is in charge of the CCF...!

SECRET SERVICE
28th May 2009, 20:32
Have you tried contacting Esher College, Thames Ditton. The college is perfectly located to Hampton Court Palce and the grounds, on the Surrey shore line of the river Thames and is within easy walking distance.

If you view "google earth" the college is located just to the south of Hampton Court Rail station. The college has large grounds that could easily accommodate any heli, as long as the college is not open with students during the flower show dates.

ppheli was right - although not an option I should have stated the travelling time from Sandown Park race track is around 10 minutes without traffic/congestion. Especially during a large event such as the Hampton Court flower show.

Give the college a call and see what they say. They may welcome the additional income from landing helicopters?

Secret Service

topcat28
28th May 2009, 20:55
It been a while, but I think Esher college is just west of Thames Ditton Station, about 3/4 of a mile south of Hampton Court Station. As you head north up the A309 toward Hampton Court, Tiffin School's (I think) fileds are on the left, with Ditton Field up further on the right (Kingston Grammar). I suspect Tiffin might also be worth a go...

There is a pretty small park behind the station car park. I have no idea who owns it - but suspect it isn't council as it (used to be) gated off.