PDA

View Full Version : Manuals

aviatordom
26th May 2009, 20:22
Hey guys & girls,

I am currently looking for PDF/Download versions of Engine manuals, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals/Handbooks, etc.

The reason why I ask this, is simply because I have a huge interest in aircraft and would loveto spend the time to learn about different aspects of aircraft maintenance/mechanics.

I haven't found anything so far, so if anybody could take the time to provide me with links to download manuals like these or if they could PM or email me a couple of manuals/guides to me, then I would be really thankful.

I hope you can help!

Kind Regards,

Aviatordom (Dominic)

zigmund
26th May 2009, 22:00
I wonder would you be better off with notes or books for B modules? 6,7, 11 ,13 come to mind, which provide plenty of theory to get started anyway, depends on your knowledge and what exactly you want to learn I guess. As for the manuals Im sure someone more experienced will be able to answer that for you!

stevef
27th May 2009, 00:04
Go to the CAA website, search and download PDF document CAP 562.

Engineer_aus
27th May 2009, 03:28
Look on Ebay

NSEU
27th May 2009, 03:44
It will probably be a brave man who gives you these manuals. Boeing material is copyrighted and our company training notes are certainly not for distribution amongst the general public.

Also, there are issues with the material not being updated on a regular basis.

There are also security issues. If you're a smart cookie, you might figure out how to bypass those hijacker-proof cockpit door locks.

Of course, if you look hard enough for anything on the internet, you will find what you are looking for :}

(EDIT) By the way, you will probably find these books very dry reading. Without instructors and practical experience, it will be like painting by numbers or learning how to dance from a book

Bus429
27th May 2009, 06:56
NSEU,

There are also security issues. If you're a smart cookie, you might figure out how to bypass those hijacker-proof cockpit door locks.
The information is more likely to be proprietary rather than classified.

NSEU
27th May 2009, 10:53
As a rule, yes.

Having said that, I hear that even Boeing got into trouble with the authorities regarding the sale of 777's (?) with ISFD technology to the Chinese ... as the peizo(?) electric gyros have current US defence applications. :O

Blacksheep
27th May 2009, 12:38
I'm always fascinated by the occasional requests we get for aircraft maintenance manuals etc. Do those who covet these books realise just how big they are? You could spend the rest of your life reading one...

I mean, after half an hour you'd be fast asleep, that adds up to a hundred and three years for a B747 AMM. Even the 737-200 AMM would take about sixty years, reading in thirty minute bursts.

Fargoo
27th May 2009, 13:27
Have a look at this site, some great stuff.
As above, most of the manuals are dull as ditchwater and will only cause you to nod off to sleep after a couple of pages.
Good type training notes would be better but not many people will be willing to hand them over. Costs lots of money to setup and run a type course and most employers wouldn't look too kindly on their staff just handing over the notes f.oc.

SmartCockpit - Airbus 320 Series (http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/airbus/A320/)

Fargoo :ok:

HAWK21M
27th May 2009, 15:35
Training manuals would be easier to rewad for Layman than AMMs.Getting access to them is another issue though.
regds
MEL

hawkeyecheck
28th May 2009, 07:02
Aviator dom.. manuals are very imp doc. Nobody would like to hand you just like that .If ur interested catch up with basic engine dymanics from google or any airframe guide by FAA.

Bus429
28th May 2009, 12:47
Blacksheep,
I've no doubt you've read a few in your time. :ok:

Blacksheep
28th May 2009, 13:01
I've even written a couple of chapters, Bus... :ugh:

Storminnorm
28th May 2009, 14:15
Who needs sleeping pills when you have a pile of manuals?

boeing_eng
28th May 2009, 17:47
You're not having any of mine!.....A careers worth of course notes etc make excellent loft insulation:O:O

h3dxb
28th May 2009, 18:01
The Boeing 737 Technical Guide (http://www.b737.org.uk/book.htm)

Check this out as well, is written for Pilots, so not complicated :ok:

And don't listen to this classified BS, remembers me the thread where the guy asked for regulations about changing the door code for cockpits.......

Some people here are so important :ugh:

aviatordom
28th May 2009, 20:36
thanks for help so far!

Happy wrenching:ok:

NSEU
29th May 2009, 04:54
Some people here are so important

I won't even pretend to understand what that means, but it sounds insulting.

Some airlines have to take security more seriously than others. After all the security BS that airline staff have to go through every day post 9/11, I'm certainly not going to make it any easier for folks to bypass it.

"Regulations" for changing codes doesn't quite sound as sensitive as instructions for doing so.

h3dxb
29th May 2009, 14:50
NSEU

Don't think that U R the last line of defense. AMM/IPC/FIM, valid and good informations, U can find it already in the WWW.

How I know that U don't try to manipulate the REV SYS on a 744 with yr questions ? Or U don't have a valid manual.

So stop crying fire every time, one day no one comes to extinguish.

rgds