PDA

View Full Version : Captain Eric Melrose "Winkle" Brown talking at the Royal Aeronautical Society

livefromkyoto
22nd May 2009, 14:08
hi guys,

This is my 1st post but I've just found out that Captain "Winkle" Brown is going to be talking along with two other test pilots at this event. It's during the day (I think that it starts at 10am) but Capt Brown is an absolute legend and worth pulling a sicky for.

Capt Brown has the world record for the most amount of different aircraft flown and also the record for the most amount of aircraft carrier landings.

The event is free and Harrier test pilot John Farley will also be talking.

The details are at:
www.aerosociety.com/careers (http://www.aerosociety.com/careers)

BSAA1947
30th May 2009, 17:07
Thanks for the post about Eric Brown's lecture, but I can't seem to find any details about it on the RAeS website. Do you have any more details please?

John Farley
31st May 2009, 18:42
BSAA1947

The link above should take you straight there.

It is not a lecture as such but a competition where during the day various designs will be flown on a simulator by Winkle, Dave and myself. The pilot's view from the simulator will be piped into the lecture theatre and the pilots will provide a running commentary on how they find the various designs.

The Merlin simulator that will be used is in service with many universities as a teaching aid for aeronautical engineering students.

JF