PDA

View Full Version : EK Flight Attendant Jailed

coffindodger
22nd May 2009, 06:08
A flight attendant was jailed Thursday for leaving a bomb hoax note on board an Emirates aircraft he was working on and sparking a scare that led to London's Gatwick Airport briefly closing.
Australian national Matthew Carney, 24, left a message in the toilet of a flight from Dubai to London in March which read: "Explosive material can be found in the FWD (forward cargo department). We have the Taliban to thank for this."

Gulfnews: Flight attendant jailed for bomb hoax (http://www.gulfnews.com/world/United_Kingdom/10315872.html)

helen-damnation
22nd May 2009, 06:36
Good :mad:

His colleagues, his company and the public deserve and expect better of him.

If he needs medical help, then give it to him, but that doesn't mean his actions are acceptable, pardonable or any less punishable.

Global Driver
22nd May 2009, 06:48
same but different...

A flight attendant for an express carrier in the states was caught breaking into peoples homes at night and then flying out early the next morning... therefore never getting caught - until he broke into a house in Tennessee, where he met someone with a shotgun under his pillow. Also, arrested. Schmuck.

mister hilter
9th Jun 2009, 21:28
coffindodger,
just read the link you supplied and saw the guy's name and nationality. I was wondering if he is any relation to a high profile Australian rugby league player who is always in the news for all the wrong reasons. Any ideas?

EISNN
13th Jun 2009, 23:47
That guy deserves everything he gets. As for the question posed with the last post I'm sure that EK carry out security checks of their staff like every other airline and if there was any association with criminal activity either directly or indirectly through family and other relations it would be very unlikely that he would be hired.

Qansett
14th Jun 2009, 01:57
That guy is too stressful and too tired to work on the plane. He was not happy with the long work hours.

Here is a link:-
Bomb hoax flight attendant Matthew Carney jailed | News.com.au Top stories | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,25520902-2,00.html)

KEFREN82
20th Jun 2009, 20:05
jail is good for him, plus they should fire him forever and ever... we need no cabin attendants as him.. moreover it would be wonderful making him pay a high fine, like 50.000 pounds.

nuigini
20th Jun 2009, 20:17
He will probably never work in the aviation industry ever again!

urok
28th Jun 2009, 13:09
He will probably never work in the aviation industry ever again!

Probably?! Absolutely 175% guaranteed that he will never be employed in the industry again! Silly kid...

powerstall
28th Jun 2009, 13:44
How dumb? :eek:

Dawdler
28th Jun 2009, 14:47
About as dumb as the slf who inbound to HRW from Chicago carrying a violin case and mentioned "the mob"! He was somewhat delayed in getting off the airport!

TSR2
28th Jun 2009, 20:19
Dawdler

Are you thinking of the man with the violin case featured on the BBC Airport programme. If so he was outbound LHR to Chicago.

Dawdler
29th Jun 2009, 15:59
Sorry, My mistake, I've been drinking too much stimulant (tea!)
D.